Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katie2893
New Member!
Female 

06-04-2012, 09:13 PM

Camping at shows

I'm getting a tent for when I camp at shows, as I hae my first camping show at the end of the month.
I was woundering what size tent people would reccomend as I don't want to get a 4 man one and not have enough room in the garden area for it. I also don't want to get a two man tent and be cramped if I would have enough room for a slightly bigger one.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Go for as big as you can want, the bigger the better imo. Camping pitches at shows are generally very generous.
I'm typing this from in my tent at a competition, its a 6 person tent with big porch, I have the tent, my van and 4 tethered dogs within my pitch ( a garden made with builders fencing/windbreaks is what most people use but I can't as the dogs are over it in a flash. There are plenty of people with caravans and awnings and their vans all within their allocated camping pitch.
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-04-2012, 10:07 PM
That was gonna be my question was camping just for tents as my family have a 5 berth motorhome and i ticked camping on form just gotta hope i can get it off work ill ask but no guarantees.enteries close soon for baa jumping jacks so ive had to take my chances.show not till may and gonna request after easter.
katie2893
New Member!
Female 

12-04-2012, 09:24 PM
I have now got the tent and fencing and pins but was woundering what people use for gates. I have been looking at baby/dog gates but seem quite expensive. Does anyone know any good and cheap gates or have suggestions for alternatives?
katie2893
New Member!
Female 

21-04-2012, 02:29 PM
I have got myself a 2 SECONDS XXL IIII which is a 4 man tent and was just making sure it would be able to fit into a pitch, I think it will but not 100%. It says it is 380cm x 240cm,
I was also woundering if you are allowed to park the car outside the pitch if there isn't enough room for it inside the garden area.
speug
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by katie2893 View Post
I have got myself a 2 SECONDS XXL IIII which is a 4 man tent and was just making sure it would be able to fit into a pitch, I think it will but not 100%. It says it is 380cm x 240cm,
I was also woundering if you are allowed to park the car outside the pitch if there isn't enough room for it inside the garden area.
you should have plenty space I'd have thought - I don't compete yet so can't tell you for definite, but I know a lot of people take caravans and vans so a 4 man tent and car should fit no problem
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 06:33 AM
Originally Posted by katie2893 View Post
I have now got the tent and fencing and pins but was woundering what people use for gates. I have been looking at baby/dog gates but seem quite expensive. Does anyone know any good and cheap gates or have suggestions for alternatives?
My gate was made for me by a friend's husband. You can sometimes buy them at shows for around £35. Sorry, can't be more specific.