View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
swissem
New Member!
Female 

14-04-2009, 03:08 PM

How do you qualify for Crufts Obedience?

How do you qualify for Crufts Obedience? I feel silly asking at my training club as I feel like I should know already.

What is the process to get there?
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 04:45 PM
I think handler and dog need three Championship Class C wins to qualify for Crufts.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 05:05 PM
For the CH classes at crufts, you have to win a CH class at a CH show within Qualifing Marks (you also have to qualify to even be able to work this class)these classes are out of the 6o best dogs in the country.

Or you can work on other events,

Special pre beginner Stakes
Interegional
World Cup
YKC

If you want to know about these just ask!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by talassie View Post
I think handler and dog need three Championship Class C wins to qualify for Crufts.
Almost! but only one is needed (per crufts & you cant Q for life like the breed) 3x wins make you a ob Ch!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Almost! but only one is needed (per crufts & you cant Q for life like the breed) 3x wins make you a ob Ch!

LOLOLOLOL think you mean your dog an Ob Ch

The other thing is if your dog wins the Crufts Ob & your dog isn't an Ob Ch he/she will be afterwards(unless he/she & you lose more than 15 points at Crufts)-the Championships are worth 2 Ob CCs & as the Crufts Ob Judge doesn't judge any of the qualifying ticket classes for Crufts in the year before they judge Every dog that wins the Ob within the qualifying points becomes an Ob Ch

Competing in the KCGC Pre B finals means qualifying at one of the heats for te semi finals & then qualifying at one of the two semi finals for the final at Crufts

The Inter Regionals & World Cup are by selection by the Regions of the UK Obedience & the countries who send teams to Crufts

Mish is very modest, this year at Crufts she was selected to compete with Mav in the Inter Regionals & Flynn in the World Cup(& Flynn is qualified to work ticket classes as well).
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Lol "make you a ob ch" lol that did make me laugh