Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK
Off topic but please don't throw sticks for your dog this link will explain all :smt009 :smt089

Stick to toys
I knew that would happen!

Just for the record, I know all the dangers, don't use them anymore. Plus they were more like logs than sticks!
But when I did use them they were lobbed from the the top of a hill over a river landing way before the dog got to them. Also in thick cover, so little danger of being speared by it due to him using his nose to locate it.

But like I say I don't use them anymore so it doesn't really matter, does it!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 02:44 PM
It does matter that sticks shouldn't be thrown or used for dogs tho' or doesn't it ?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 02:56 PM
I understand why you posted and it is really dangerous to throw sticks for dogs, just felt a bit patronised TBH!
When I threw them the dog was at sit stay and sent for the "stick" (like I say more like logs really) so I felt there was little danger in him getting "speared" or "diving" into the stick (If I did I wouldn't have done it). He worked slowly with his nose rather than running straight at it. Sort of just came across it? Hmm hard to describe really!

Have to say when you see people in the park throwing sticks and the dog is running full pelt behind it while the stick is doing cartwheels across the ground my heart is in my mouth, you can just imagine what will happen one day! So in that respect yes it's important not to throw sticks, but I didn't throw them in that respect.

Anyway better stop typing, I've gone seriously off topic. Will be getting slapped wrists.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2