Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 06:10 PM

Obedience help!

ok start laughing now (i did)

im going to enter the millie munch into an obedience comp....

she is activity reg "im all ears" (the name has 2 meanings )

i want to enter her in pre-beginners at myerscough in october... no sorry i AM entering her

but can someone pleaseeeeee help and tell me what i have to do at this level!!!!!!

and pleasee tell me its on lead haha!!!

(myerscough ive been to the agility comps in winter and its indooors.... i assume its indoors for obedience too???)

im all excited now!!!! help?

Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 06:14 PM
this is courtesy of mishflynn

Pre Bees

Stays: Sit & down Stay, all in a ring with everyone else in your class at a certain time. Off lead, you give a command (ie sit or Down or stay) when you leave them & CANT recommand them, In pre bees the judge will choose if you can face them, go side on or backs to, its only for a minue or so, & you must stand still.

Ring Work.

Novice recall: Dog to sit at heel, At stewards Commands handler commands to wait & leaves dog, you may give as many commands as you like, you walk about 10/15 paces, halt , about turn, call the dog into a present( you can move your hands to help but MUST keep your feet still, then you do a finish, either german, or englkish, again you can give as many commands as you like but MUST keep your feet still!

HW, you will be tested on lead & Off lead.

When on lead, your lead MUST remain loose at all times. You will at stwards commands walk forward with your dog, & will do straight HW with Right turns & left turns & About turns (to the right) you can talk as much as you like & encourage with yoyur hand, there will be a sit at the end & maybe also in the HW Pattern. HF is exactly the same but off lead.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
ok start laughing now (i did)

im going to enter the millie munch into an obedience comp....

she is activity reg "im all ears" (the name has 2 meanings )

i want to enter her in pre-beginners at myerscough in october... no sorry i AM entering her

but can someone pleaseeeeee help and tell me what i have to do at this level!!!!!!

and pleasee tell me its on lead haha!!!

Heel on lead, heel free, recall, one min sit & 2 min down. Only the heel on lead is er on lead

(myerscough ive been to the agility comps in winter and its indooors.... i assume its indoors for obedience too???)

It is indeed indoors-I think LOLOLOLOLOL Mish will know better

im all excited now!!!! help?

Hope that helps

I've entered Wu at Wakey !! we have to go into Novice !!!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 06:41 PM
right is anyone willing to give me and millie help with my feet -!!!! i know how to do it but i just cant grasp it (in heelwork??)!!

is it definately indooors??? does anyone know???

if not i'll ring them she'll be ok off lead indoors

THANK YOU for your help joedee

im bricking it already lmao!!!!!!!!!!!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 06:44 PM
i THINK octobers indoors, about 90% sure, they are indoors in the winter!!! i will post abit more later or tomoorow, ok?
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 06:56 PM
no worries - thanks

any help much appreicated!!

i thought oct onwards was indoors too... hence why im thinking she will be easier to catch if she decides to be a flipping fruitcake lol!!

im tempted to hire out our local indoor to see what she would be like but i recon i have to just bite the bullet and do it

thers an agility on in jan (entries close nov) for myerscough again.... shes going in that too

if i can find something she loves then mabey she wont run away hahaha (shes just a stobborn sod - but like her mum (me) )

thanks again..x
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
right is anyone willing to give me and millie help with my feet -!!!! i know how to do it but i just cant grasp it (in heelwork??)!!
THANK YOU for your help joedee

im bricking it already lmao!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, paint an L & an R on the correct foot & add at arrow pointing forward At least that way you will know which way to turn & which way is forward That's what I do
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Which show is it? I will probably be there too Not done any shows in ages but got one this weekend as well
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Yep, paint an L & an R on the correct foot & add at arrow pointing forward At least that way you will know which way to turn & which way is forward That's what I do
haha noooooooo

i mean the steps - dont you have to do some funny dance as you turn?

its been years since ive competed in obedience so i cant remmeber it all lol (mabey i should watch some obedience vids lol)

poor mil - intensive training starts tomorow

Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
Which show is it? I will probably be there too Not done any shows in ages but got one this weekend as well
theres 2

myerscough both times

mid oct and the end...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >