Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Sheree, I don't think its you not offering the full asking price or that someone else wants it. I think she's dithering because of the break up. Who knows what bad blood is between her and ex - he may well want his "cut" she may want to mess him about. In the process you will be messed about too. Happened to us when we looked as newlyweds.

Did you still go see those other 3 properties, or was that a ruse?
Hi Pat, no that was a ruse...we have seen a couple of possibles on the internet but we don't want to waste anyones time at the moment as our hearts are after this one.

I think you may be right about this woman, I said the same thing to Clive last night and had already mentioned it to the agent. You see, she is living in this huge house with her new partner, she is going to be hard pushed to find anything else like that in the area she wants. When I said it to the agent she said that the woman has got to sell as her ex wants his share of the house, Clive wonders if the ex actually gets to hear about the offers because surely he would push her into selling if he knew.

I really don't know whats going to happen, I shall give the agents until midday to get back to me and then chase them up, we're going to have to do something pretty quick as the solicitors are already involved in our sale and the survey has been organised on this one, we did know that the lad wanted to get moved quickly and we want to go quickly, it would just help if we knew that we had somewhere to go to
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2009, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Hi Pat, no that was a ruse...we have seen a couple of possibles on the internet but we don't want to waste anyones time at the moment as our hearts are after this one.

I think you may be right about this woman, I said the same thing to Clive last night and had already mentioned it to the agent. You see, she is living in this huge house with her new partner, she is going to be hard pushed to find anything else like that in the area she wants. When I said it to the agent she said that the woman has got to sell as her ex wants his share of the house, Clive wonders if the ex actually gets to hear about the offers because surely he would push her into selling if he knew.

I really don't know whats going to happen, I shall give the agents until midday to get back to me and then chase them up, we're going to have to do something pretty quick as the solicitors are already involved in our sale and the survey has been organised on this one, we did know that the lad wanted to get moved quickly and we want to go quickly, it would just help if we knew that we had somewhere to go to

I wouldnt wait till midday i would go their now and sit in the office till you get an answer.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by kobebear View Post
I wouldnt wait till midday i would go their now and sit in the office till you get an answer.
I know what you're saying, but she already told me that the seller worked nights so she can't get hold of her until 11 in the mornings, plus their offices are about 25 miles from here so its not cost effective to do that.

I don't think the agents are to blame at all, from what they have told me I really think they are doing their best to achieve a sale...it just seems the seller has no idea of the angst she's causing
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 08:28 AM
I would go look at the other ones, Sheree. You are not wasting anyone's time, you are still comparing and who knows you may prefer another. It never hurts to look - just like getting three quotes on building works, its all about comparison. Get the agent who is dealing with this woman on the phone before 11 and ask her to send you details of what else she's got - tell her your sale is progressing and you need to be moving. That will also make it very obvious to Mrs Nice-House-shame-about-the-ex that you mean business.
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2009, 08:31 AM
I know what you're saying, but she already told me that the seller worked nights so she can't get hold of her until 11 in the mornings, plus their offices are about 25 miles from here so its not cost effective to do that.

I don't think the agents are to blame at all, from what they have told me I really think they are doing their best to achieve a sale...it just seems the seller has no idea of the angst she's causing
Oh dear thats quite a way to travel, fingers crossed for some good news today.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 08:39 AM
I would go look at the other ones, Sheree. You are not wasting anyone's time, you are still comparing and who knows you may prefer another. It never hurts to look - just like getting three quotes on building works, its all about comparison. Get the agent who is dealing with this woman on the phone before 11 and ask her to send you details of what else she's got - tell her your sale is progressing and you need to be moving. That will also make it very obvious to Mrs Nice-House-shame-about-the-ex that you mean business.
There are a couple of nice ones about that I know Clive would be happy to consider if we hadn't seen this one. I think we've been so spoilt because of the size of the rooms and the fact that all the building work has been done. Clive isn't too fussed about the house itself, it just needs sufficient parking for all our vehicles and enough garage space for him to be able to conduct the business from. He said that if we find a couple of things that have the necessary things then the final choice could be mine, (sweet eh?), I think the best thing is for me to ring all the agents, let them know our position and ask them to contact us the moment anything suitable becomes available, before it gets put on the net for others to see. He has to work late this evening but I can certainly arrange viewings for over the weekend, I know Nanny Parrish would love to have Leon for us so we can make a day or two of it and really check out as many as possible.

We did already view another one through this agent but it was too small for all the cars and no way to extend it. She hasn't got anything else at the moment but I can ask her to let us know. As I said, she seems to be on our side so I'm sure she'd be happy to help us.

Originally Posted by kobebear View Post
Oh dear thats quite a way to travel, fingers crossed for some good news today.
Yes, we're relocating nearer to Clives work so all the agents are in that area.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Sheree, I don't think its you not offering the full asking price or that someone else wants it. I think she's dithering because of the break up. Who knows what bad blood is between her and ex - he may well want his "cut" she may want to mess him about. In the process you will be messed about too. Happened to us when we looked as newlyweds.

Did you still go see those other 3 properties, or was that a ruse?
I have to say Sheree, that I am getting a similar bad feeling about this and am 'glad' (if that is the right word) that you're already aware too.

My ex SIL did this when her & my BIL were going through a divorce. She scuppered the deal at the last minute as she really didn't want to give the house up.

As MissE has said, it sounds like there is more going on here. I'm trying to think how you can try and safeguard against the woman pulling out at the last minute, but ultimately I don't think there is much you can do. If she agrees the figure, you could try getting her to give an undertaking to meet your costs in the event that she doesn't sell to you, though I doubt she would agree to this.

The only other thing I can think of is whether the agent can talk to the man. If the house is half his, presumably the agent should be taking instructions from him too - maybe he's not aware that there is a good offer sitting on the table

If there is nothing else as good around, I'd still continue trying to get this one, but I would try not to get your hopes up too much. But then that's the way I am - I prefer to think the worst and be happy when it goes right.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 08:47 AM
There is no safeguard you can make - we pulled out of the one we were looking at because of all the messing about - and there was some!
The best thing to do is look look look at everything and don't get fixated on this one. You never know what's around the corner - and if this one is meant to be you will still get it. But by going out looking you are not sitting on your derriere fretting.
Make those appointments for the weekend Sheree, it'll help your mental state no end
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post

I have to say Sheree, that I am getting a similar bad feeling about this and am 'glad' (if that is the right word) that you're already aware too.

My ex SIL did this when her & my BIL were going through a divorce. She scuppered the deal at the last minute as she really didn't want to give the house up.

As MissE has said, it sounds like there is more going on here. I'm trying to think how you can try and safeguard against the woman pulling out at the last minute, but ultimately I don't think there is much you can do. If she agrees the figure, you could try getting her to give an undertaking to meet your costs in the event that she doesn't sell to you, though I doubt she would agree to this.

The only other thing I can think of is whether the agent can talk to the man. If the house is half his, presumably the agent should be taking instructions from him too - maybe he's not aware that there is a good offer sitting on the table

If there is nothing else as good around, I'd still continue trying to get this one, but I would try not to get your hopes up too much. But then that's the way I am - I prefer to think the worst and be happy when it goes right.
Thanks Fiona, I'm glad I'm not the only one that is having these thoughts, I think I'll phone the agents now and ask them if the ex husband has been involved at any stage and tell her my reservations. As you say, we don't want to pay all the costs, make all the arrangements and then be let down at the last minute. Apart from upsetting me I think Clive would have a breakdown as he has so much on his plate at the moment.

There is no safeguard you can make - we pulled out of the one we were looking at because of all the messing about - and there was some!
The best thing to do is look look look at everything and don't get fixated on this one. You never know what's around the corner - and if this one is meant to be you will still get it. But by going out looking you are not sitting on your derriere fretting.
Make those appointments for the weekend Sheree, it'll help your mental state no end
Clive asked me last night if I feel like I'm in limbo over this as I think he thought it was only having that effect on him. He looked relieved when I said that I was.

He has been busy at work this week, (thank goodness), but there is nothing to stop me looking at properties and then getting him there for a second viewing if any seem suitable.

I think that will be my task for today, I'm going to phone the agents now and then get onto rightmove and make some appointments.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-08-2009, 09:41 AM
but there is nothing to stop me looking at properties and then getting him there for a second viewing if any seem suitable.
Yes, the name of the game now is getting the largest possible list of 'possibles' for Clive and you to look at together, that means someone driving around like Miceal Schumacher here there and everywhere (That's you Sheree )

You never know you may find something just as good, and nowadays you may find something a bit less money.

At least you've sold your place so that's one worry out the way. Good luck
Page 9 of 14 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »