Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2018, 10:19 AM

Daily Thread Tuesday 6th March

Good morning everyone

Sorry to read about your son Chris. Hope he is now ok

Enjoy your "new" bedroom Mandy.

Go on Griff you can do it whilst your parents are away - 3 weeks is. a decent length of time . Hopefully you can just paint the walls and not have to repaper. Hope your mum is given the all clear to fly.

Sounds a though you are now reconnected to the rest of the world Gordon

Nice morning here after a quick shower whilst out walking Teazle. Have cleaned the car ready for my son to use for a few days and also been to the library so plenty of reading matter for a couple of weeks.

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-03-2018, 11:05 AM
Morning Sue and all to follow.
Wet here underfoot today. Gorden headed off to London tiii Thursday evening.

Gill not home Peter got a phone call asking him to have a meeting with ss and Gill so he dashed over to the hospital thinking yes we will some decent care and might be able to keep her at home longer but no. Same sort of care but permanent and they will be means tested.
He is fuming going to try to get a doctor appointment today saying he can't cope and feels like walking out.

Chris hope son remains fit free for a long while after yesterday.
We have decorating to do at Easter griff the living room not looking forward to it.
Hope mum got passed to fly.
Gordon thank you for the nice comments re: Dillon. Glad the snow is thawing for you.
Harvey any luck with the rats ? If they are anything like the ones we had they will be pesky critters to catch.
The only way Gorden and michael got rid of the one off the boat they lived on was they moved the boat. It must of been off it at the time scavenging somewhere.
Mandy glad you are enjoying your newly decorated bedroom.
Kazz nice to hear you have a new addition hope she is settling well and that mum is well.

Hoping everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-03-2018, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Sue and all to follow.
Wet here underfoot today. Gorden headed off to London tiii Thursday evening.

Gill not home Peter got a phone call asking him to have a meeting with ss and Gill so he dashed over to the hospital thinking yes we will some decent care and might be able to keep her at home longer but no. Same sort of care but permanent and they will be means tested.
He is fuming going to try to get a doctor appointment today saying he can't cope and feels like walking out.

Chris hope son remains fit free for a long while after yesterday.
We have decorating to do at Easter griff the living room not looking forward to it.
Hope mum got passed to fly.
Gordon thank you for the nice comments re: Dillon. Glad the snow is thawing for you.
Harvey any luck with the rats ? If they are anything like the ones we had they will be pesky critters to catch.
The only way Gorden and michael got rid of the one off the boat they lived on was they moved the boat. It must of been off it at the time scavenging somewhere.
Mandy glad you are enjoying your newly decorated bedroom.
Kazz nice to hear you have a new addition hope she is settling well and that mum is well.

Hoping everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Doing OK here. Milder weather, even a few rays of sun.
Wife out shopping with a friend so just me and Fido. And he is no trouble. Doesn't nag or talk back at me............
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-03-2018, 01:02 PM
The only way Gorden and Michael got rid of the one off the boat they lived on was they moved the boat. It must of been off it at the time scavenging somewhere.
Yes I'll have to move the back garden

They are not like mice, I watched them the other day while they picked up bird seed and walked around the traps didn't even sniff at the bait

Have seen none today, just hope that the poison sachets I dropped down the holes has worked. Like LG I much prefer to get them in a trap, it's instant and you know you've got 'em but if they deliberately avoid taking the bait had to resort to poison.

Will be out with Casey & Lara soon, back tonight if I don't fall asleep
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2018, 04:12 PM
Good afternoon all.

Quite mildish again today if overcast, but still lovely for our morning jaunt.

Had to have a photo done to renew my driving licence. £10 to get it done and me a Yorkshire lass. Nearly had a heart attack. I did ask if they have oxygen ready at the check out . Took all of 2 minutes to do.

Lynn, can't the McMillan nurses help with advice? What's going on with Gill just isn't right at all. I do know what it's like to deal with Social Services - like wading through thick treacle. I feel so sorry for all concerned
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-03-2018, 04:19 PM
Gill and Peter said a while back Mcmillan do not cover their area. I thought they were nationwide.
The hospice she comes under is linked to the hospital she is in they say call the palliative care team if things get difficult palliative care team say she is not advanced enough to warrant palliative care.
So everyone passing the buck.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2018, 04:49 PM
Gill and Peter said a while back Mcmillan do not cover their area. I thought they were nationwide.
The hospice she comes under is linked to the hospital she is in they say call the palliative care team if things get difficult palliative care team say she is not advanced enough to warrant palliative care.
So everyone passing the buck.
That sadly appears to be the truth of the matter doesn't it Lynn. The "buck" they are passing is a human being. Where in the 21st century in a 1st world country cannot we just look at the person and thier situation not the red tape book option.

I too though Macmillan were country wide.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-03-2018, 05:01 PM
Certainly is the impression we are being given Kazz.
Decided to ring MacMillan. Their advice basically all we have already tried. Other one we haven't as yet is the pals service in the hospital. Tell them all the stuff that has gone on for them to investigate.
Will put that to Peter tonight when he calls with an update. They also said her gp who is already on board to a point.
So another brick wall to be honest.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2018, 05:07 PM
Do you know what Lynn, i am usually dead against bed blocking but i would get Gill to say she refuses to leave until there is an adequate care package in place to try to keep her at home and comfortable....this is going to sound really bad and i honestly don't mean any offence or want to upset anyone but if you treated a dog that way you would be had up in court (at some point!) or the animal removed from your care, Gill is a living thinking human who knows how she feels and capable of stating that...i feel soooo angry on your behalf and want to come and have a go at the powers that be! i think the reason i am so angry is i lost both my nans to cancer and both had the most excellent of care and support from macmillan, marie curie hospice and myton hospice
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-03-2018, 05:10 PM
Thing is griff she wants to be home so wouldn't agree to that.

We have voiced the exact same thing about animals and you wouldn't treat them that way, So no offence taken from me.
We have over the years lost friends and family to cancer and I do not remember having these problems in the past.
I will let Peter know about pals after that if no joy I really do not know where else to go to get her the help to keep her home and comfortable.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >