Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 05:26 PM

What the h**l was this rescue thinking?

seriously any insight into this situation would be brilliant as im stuck to be honest,

When i lived back in clee i was looking after a friends house who was in france, she is 20 and a typical niave 20 year old, she "rescued" a husky last year and decided to keep him but then rehomed him
Her dad got a choc lab from the rescue im just about to mention nearly 3 years ago, this friend (daughter) went to the rescue last week looking for a dog.

Now i have a few beef's with this bit anyway to be honest but they are personal ones and have a lot to do with me getting Shila back while the friend was in france, anyway she found a large rottie who has a bad history and they have let her take him because and i quote "you have already had a dog off us"

Now im sorry BUT her situation has totally changed in the last 3 years and the rescue (quite a famous one) didn't even do a home check.

The girl in question has NO experience in large dogs except shila, isis and the husky she had for all of 3 weeks that spent more time at mine then at hers anyway, this rottie has apparently bitten before but she told them she is experienced with this kind of behaviour (is she hell )

I have known this girl all her life so i can make judgement on her its not just me being mean but my main problem with all this is, she walked in told them she had a dog off them already and within a day she had a dog.

Please please tell me this is not right????
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
seriously any insight into this situation would be brilliant as im stuck to be honest,

When i lived back in clee i was looking after a friends house who was in france, she is 20 and a typical niave 20 year old, she "rescued" a husky last year and decided to keep him but then rehomed him
Her dad got a choc lab from the rescue im just about to mention nearly 3 years ago, this friend (daughter) went to the rescue last week looking for a dog.

Now i have a few beef's with this bit anyway to be honest but they are personal ones and have a lot to do with me getting Shila back while the friend was in france, anyway she found a large rottie who has a bad history and they have let her take him because and i quote "you have already had a dog off us"

Now im sorry BUT her situation has totally changed in the last 3 years and the rescue (quite a famous one) didn't even do a home check.

The girl in question has NO experience in large dogs except shila, isis and the husky she had for all of 3 weeks that spent more time at mine then at hers anyway, this rottie has apparently bitten before but she told them she is experienced with this kind of behaviour (is she hell )

I have known this girl all her life so i can make judgement on her its not just me being mean but my main problem with all this is, she walked in told them she had a dog off them already and within a day she had a dog.

Please please tell me this is not right????
no its not right. its apalling. the dog she has now will end up being rehomed too. i take it the rescue still thinks she has the husky? and she hasnt rehomed it? it doesnt seem very ethical and maybe you could contact the rescue and tell them the situation?

however i take offence at the bold bit in your post. im 20 and im not a "typical naive 20 year old"
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
no its not right. its apalling. the dog she has now will end up being rehomed too. i take it the rescue still thinks she has the husky? and she hasnt rehomed it? it doesnt seem very ethical and maybe you could contact the rescue and tell them the situation?

however i take offence at the bold bit in your post. im 20 and im not a "typical naive 20 year old"
She didn't rehome the husky from the rescue she got the husky off someone in the street

I never said u were a typical niave 20 year old did i? I said she was
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
She didn't rehome the husky from the rescue she got the husky off someone in the street

I never said u were a typical niave 20 year old did i? I said she was
so the resuce rehomed to her because her dad had the lab off them? which would of made her only 17 at the time so the dog wouldnt of even been in her name? doesnt sound very good to me...

no but you used the word typical, as in all 20 year olds are naive.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 06:00 PM
For me, a home check should be paramount! It doesn't matter that "she's homed one from them before" because as you say all circumstances change and hers HAS! There needs to be more stringent checks on these rescues, if they're handing out large, iffy dogs like this to anyone who will take them on. These kind of dogs need to go to those who are not only experienced in the breed, but also have some (if not a lot!) of experience with handling aggression.

Poor bladdy dog I say! It'll either get rehomed, dumped or it'll end up hurting another dog or perish the thought a person, because she doesn't sound like the type of youngster who can cope with this from what you say about her
2Greys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Well i guess the rescue can only go on what people tell them they have experience of, however it does sound like the dad adopted the lab not the daughter so being a different owner would've thought they'd do another homecheck.

I'd be surprised if the rescue we got our dog from 4yrs ago would bother to re-home check us now if we decided to adopt again, but then we do see them at events & they can see the dog's well.
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Also took offence tbh dont think it should have anything to do with her age. The same had been said of me when i rehomed fearful totts. i proved them wrong and i hope this girl can too for the sake of the dog

yes it isnt ideal would just try help her as much as you can
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Well i apologise to all non typical 20 year olds
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Was her dad with her when she got the Rottie?
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 06:48 PM
No she went on her own with her fella, he's not much older than her and has never owned a dog either.

I dont live anywhere near them so cant help out anyway but to me the entire situation is wrong, im so shocked a rescue would do this and a big one at that x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >