Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2017, 06:55 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 8th September

Goods morning all.

I hope you are all well and your four legged friends too.

Lynn, that's good news re next doors Mortgage offer.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God Bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2017, 07:13 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you manage to keep dry today Moyra

Good news about the mortgage Lynn just hope they can meet your price and get the flat sold.

I know what you mean about jobs taking longer than expected. Son only wanted to stop the rain blowing under his back door so when he looked, at what was a very small job, he saw he had to replace the whole step cut out the rotten bits at the bottom of the door frame and replace. So what should have taken a day at the most took a week with having to walk for a new step and waiting for us to get there with the relevant tools to do the job. All done now and looking good. You will get there Lynn and it will look good when finished.

Hope you can get the kennel painted over the weekend June as I think it is forecast to be dry.

Out with Teazle early as it wasn't raining and just got back and the heavens opened. Rain forecast for the rest of the day though

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2017, 08:03 AM
Just got back from walking Amber we both got soaked through, still she loves a good rub down with her towel.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-09-2017, 08:55 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.

Think it is going to rain here later also. Dillon just wanted one of his all over the place shorter walks today which was good as I had a feeling we might get caught out in the rain.
Saw two kingfishers fly along the river while out.

Harvey we know St. Ives and Huntingdon we use to always visit when we lived in Harlow and still pop in now again still as we live closer.
We couldn't afford to live in Cambridge and to be honest wouldn't want to to busy especially the roads. The outlying villages though we wouldn't mind and the properties are cheaper on the outskirts.
It is not a given that's what we will do but if something nice and affordable came up nearer to Mark and Lauren we would seriously consider it.
At the moment we just need to sell before making any firm decisions about where we will end up.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends today.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-09-2017, 09:27 AM
Torrential rain forecast for about the next week
We have a dry spell, and waiting to see what's what, there is a patch of blue in the west, but a massive grey piece of sky overhead, seeing which one wins before I go anywhere. Blue wins, we do walks, grey wins I do the shopping
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2017, 10:07 AM
Morning all
Lynn, that's really good news...i hope they sell his mums place sharpish...would be lovely if you could start the new year in a new house
we too have rain....i am however unsupervised Lol
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2017, 10:46 AM
Hello all

No idea what my plans are for today its a day off but sure I will end up doing something...................have a great day all.

Brook is slowly well to me slowly just over a week settling in lovely nowgoing off to settle down on her own rather than fuss all the while. On the major plus side fantastic with visitors on two legs large or small.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2017, 12:22 PM
Afternoon all. Just thought i'd pop on to say hello. Just under 5 weeks now till holiday in Inverness and yep very nearly booked next years as well. Hope you all get some dry spells for walking. Managed to go out twice so far. But now Tyto is sleeping after getting all his toys out but nope not put them away. Bless him.
Take Care all. bfn.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-09-2017, 01:21 PM
The blue sky took over the grey sky, shower of rain, then the sun came out, so got everyone out and back with time to spare.
Started raining again, not bothered as girls have had a lovely run round in the woods, rolled in even more mud and fox poo, and are consequently untouchable and not suitable for any form of contact involving touching. Settled with bones and probably having their afternoon nap now.
Have a lovely time in Inverness, Brenda, if the weather continues to go steadily and quickly downhill I would advise maybe packing a snowmobile or something similar
Watched Doctors and now the last episode of the current Red Rock and then off shopping for food for us all.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-09-2017, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Just got back from walking Amber we both got soaked through, still she loves a good rub down with her towel.
Max likes that too but we managed to miss the heavy showers. Just home from the supermarket and a stroll in the mall. Of course, he has to test every lamp post and column. That can make progress a bit erratic.........
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >