Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cassey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-03-2005, 07:37 AM

parvo again

I am very upset this am. buster our new pup has parvo. cassey had it not long arfter we got her but she is ok now. The vet said to wait for a couple of months and too make sure he has had all his injection before we bring him home so that is what we done. He had the runns fri nite but seemed ok yesterday untill last nite when he was sick. He still has the runs and was sick again in the nite he is also off his food and water altho he did eat a treat and he has a little play with cass but is lathargic. What is the point of having the injections especially when they are for parvo ect but if your dog gets it the insurance will not pay out but you cannot get insurance if you dont have them. Will ring the vet at 9 and see what they say hopfully they will keep him in and make him better like they did cassey.
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2005, 08:41 AM
oh that is such a shame i know of a friend of mine who has a german shephard all injections were up to date and she still took parvo was on a drip as she was so dehyrated but thankfully did rally and was fine but even the vet said that just because the dog was boostered this does not mean that the dog cannot get it so what is the point of vactionations its the same old story do we or dont we i hope your pup is fine soon
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2005, 08:42 AM
Sorry to hear about your pup cassey, I hope she gets beteer soon...
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-03-2005, 08:43 AM
I hope your pup is OK
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

13-03-2005, 08:49 AM
Sorry to hear of your pup's illness.

Where did you get him? Did the breeder give you the documentation confirming that he had been given the necessary vaccinations?

There do seem to be mutations of the parvo virus against which the normal vaccs do not have full effect.

Be sure that everything on your property is disinfected and that no unvaccinated dogs are allowed on your property for at leat 3, may be 6, months (ask your vet). Strong sunshine will kill the parvo virus on/in the ground, but I don't suppose you are getting much of that at this time of year.

Hope all goes well for your little one.
Meg
Supervisor

13-03-2005, 08:55 AM
Cassy I am so sorry to hear that, it is awful when a puppy is ill you feel so helpless Has the vet tested for parvo?

look at Kazz's link here..
http://dogweb.co.uk/talk/dog9068.html

there is a virus around at the moment that looks very like parvo,my friends dog had it and the vet said it was parvo until the tests came back negative....

I do hope your little one improves soon.
cassey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-03-2005, 09:16 AM
Thanks for all your support. We got buster from a good breeder he had first injection at 8 weeks then 2nd one at 10 then he could come home a week arfter that. as it had been 2 months since cassey had the parvo. When casseys lab results came back the vet said it was a small strain of the virus. I cant believe its happening again.
My hubby has asked me about the plants in the garden as buster seems to like eating them i have had a look at sum of the poisanous plants on a website and am sure we are safe i am sure they would have to eat alot of it to get ill anyway.
I have just phoned the vet but she is not on call and said there is a clinic at 10 am so will ring them then.
cassey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-03-2005, 09:27 AM
we have just given buster a small amount of food softened with a little water and he has eaten it, this has got to be a good sighn.
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-03-2005, 09:55 AM
Poor Cassey, lets hope she is back to her normal self soon.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2005, 11:59 AM
i hope buster gets better soon
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >