Our sister sites
Our sister sites
walker4595
New Member!
Female 

14-09-2011, 03:50 PM

Cherry Eye

Hi,

I have a 4 month old Beagle pup but last Friday we took her to the vet as we sure a red lump had come up in the corner of her eye.

Vet has given some eye drops and said to see if it will heal it self but im worried she might damage the gland that is exposed??

Very happy pup other then her eye!!

Any advise on people who have had pups with this problem would be appreciated
Kaya
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by walker4595 View Post
Hi,

I have a 4 month old Beagle pup but last Friday we took her to the vet as we sure a red lump had come up in the corner of her eye.

Vet has given some eye drops and said to see if it will heal it self but im worried she might damage the gland that is exposed??

Very happy pup other then her eye!!

Any advise on people who have had pups with this problem would be appreciated
I have a 4 month old mastiff mix and she keeps getting what I called a cherry eye but it will go away. My vet told me it was the third eyelid not cherry eye, and to close her eye and gently massage it back in place. It has happened only a couple times since and I massage it back in 20-30 seconds. There is a lot of info on the net about doing so, u may want to take a look before that way you know the proper technique...hope it helps your pup! BTW Just telling you what I have done and what helped me, however, I am not a vet so may want to consult yours first...