View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 07:43 PM
well ,mine do sleep ,up stairs ,willow never gets on the bed .dylan will get on for a cuddle first thing (have there own beds , we have laminate flooring )
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 08:27 PM
I used to say I'd never have dogs on the bed, but then when I got Pickles I let him sleep on the bed cos he was only small. Then when he passed away I got lonely, so Isla now sleeps on the bed. It's just gonna snowball from there me thinks......
Bamboozi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Well i can see why that would put some people off but my 2 still come 2 bed with me. Yogi only being small sleeps on the bottom of the bed with me and my husband and you don't even know he is there. Amber being that much bigger has a bed on the floor in our bedroom but she always ends up at the top of the stairs half way through the night.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Selkie prefers the top of the stairs too. She always likes to choose the most in the way spot to sleep so we can't get past her without waking her up!
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-10-2008, 10:19 AM
The whippet occasionally come to bed with us as a treat only one at a time though as there'd be no room for us. The setter will sometimes come upstairs but she's a fidget and uaually gets sent back down stairs after a couple of hours. The greyhounds never come to bed with us .They both snore like a couple of pigs they sleep in the back room which is directly under us and you can hear them snoring in the night
AnneW
New Member!
Female 

25-10-2008, 01:40 PM
We have recently moved to a 2 bedroom flat, with Jeff being a bit 'iffy', I leave my bedroom door open, and usually find a little 'lodger' in with me at about 4am. She doesn't snore, doesn't move and with the dreaded firework's starting to go off outside, I don't mind her being there. She gets so depressed and afraid, I find the company helps her a little.
Anne X
xxJonnyCxx
New Member!
Male 

25-10-2008, 01:45 PM
erm well id let my dog sleep on my bed, but shes a small cocker spaniel.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Poppy doesn't sleep on my bed, but she gets picked up and put on the bed on Saturday and Sunday mornings for half an hour for a cuddle.

She can't get up and down on her own, but even if she could, I wouldn't allow her to sleep on the bed with me, I think she would become too dependent on me.
sallyinlancs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2008, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't have dogs in my bed. It wouldn't do my sex life any favours.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I want my dogs to know that it's my house and they should feel lucky they are in it, not feel as if it's their birth right to wander around freely or lounge all over my furniture because then I feel they would start to take the mickey.
That made me laugh! That's exactly what my dogs do think! they don't do floors, they're not interested in their crates and when asleep it is nearly always on furniture! But that's why I have them, I have 2 small non-shedding breeds and a big part of the pleasure I get from them is cuddles on the sofa and in bed.

Don't know if I'm just lucky but they certainly don't take the mickey and get off the furniture and bed when told to. In fact Pepper, my Schnauzer, mostly chooses to sleep in her bed next to our bed and little Gozo is generally on the bed.

It may be a coincidence but Gozo has slept upstairs from day 1 and is more attached than Pepper who was downstairs for the first 18 months we had her.

J
Page 7 of 45 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »