Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by vickinicks View Post
I like Biff
thanks..it does suit him...although he is referred to as the biffters a lot nowadays!!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2007, 04:27 PM
We've got Reah...but that was her name when I rescued her.
We've got Skye...because when we bought her from a farm in Wales the Heavens Opened up. I looked up amnd said to my hubby just look at that sky, the puppy responded so Skye stook
And we're having a little boy BC on 21st Jan, my hubby has named Bruce....sorry you'll have to ask him WHY OH! WHY but he said it jumped out at him when he looked at the little man.?????
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 12:28 AM
mines called Archie, my boyf named him, he actually picked that name for a first born son (when we have kids!) and i said 'no way!'

so he said the dog could have it! i couldnt argue really !
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Toro for her bullie runs round the couch lol
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-12-2007, 05:17 PM
When I got Kali, I wanted to give him an Orkney name (after all, he was born here!), but many of the old Orkney names are still in use for people and I didn't want anyone to think I was taking the p***. Then we thought of Loki, but in some sagas, that is the name of the Norse god of evil, not just mischief, which we'd thought would suit. We came up with Rognvald, who was a Norse Earl around 1100 AD, but then, we realised that there were people still named Rognvald. Further reading of "Orkneyinga Saga" revealed that Earl Rognvald had been born Kali Kolsson, so we picked that. As well as being Earl here, Kali Kolsson was a knight in the First Crusade.

Later, Snorri-dog arrived. He was named Snorri the Priest after a character who appears in several Icelandic sagas: he was a sort of cross between a local laird and a Mafia Godfather, a proper "fixer" who was great to have on your side, but a bl@@dy terrible enemy. The name "Snorri" means "naughty boy", and, as all collie pups are toerags, it seemed appropriate at the time.

The only problem there has been is that, by calling them after Norse noblemen, they think they ARE noblemen, rather than a pair of farmyard tinks, and that only the best of the best is adequate for them!

Snorri
tartan1314
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Dax is called after Jadzia Dax in Star Trek Deep Space Nine because she had black spots (as does Dax).

Gabby is named from Gab which is the Gaelic for tattle and it is very appropriate as Gabby is never quiet.
fi79
New Member!
Female 

20-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Logan - after Wolverine in X-Men.
Luna Wolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Atka - means guardian spirit
Nuah - the fore runner of Noah apparently, the Babalonian Goddess of flooding who saved her favourite animals in a crescent shaped boat. We called her this as she was born at the time of all the flooding earlier this year.
donkey
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-12-2007, 09:32 PM
mine has the name bella cos I wanted Stella, and the mrs wouldn't let me
Hammer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-12-2007, 12:30 PM
My Boxer is called Benson as that's the name he had in the rescue kennels.
Page 6 of 46 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »