Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hannah92
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-07-2007, 05:46 PM

DLRC Registered

my dog is dlrc registered and i am not happy about what i have heard about them, can you still breed them, and was it a waste of money to buy one?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 05:49 PM
yeap it means nothing at all .............you can not register any off spring with the kennel club
as for a wate of money if you love you dog then no but breeding him wouldn't be a good idea
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Basically, its is a bit of rubbish! I have seen DL pedigrees for Border Terriers with 3 different breeds on them! They are a cheap way of so called "registered" dogs, they mean nothing at all.

Before you even consider breeding from any dog, regardless of its pedigree, you must assess him or her as a specimen of the breed, which includes health and temperament. You (I believe) have a nervous/growly dog, so I know you wouldnt dream of breeding from it as it would be incredibly irresponsible to even consider passing thnis trait on and subjecting new owners to similar problems you are experiencing yourself.
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
yeap it means nothing at all .............you can not register any off spring with the kennel club
as for a wate of money if you love you dog then no but breeding him wouldn't be a good idea
agree'd.......... if you love him then there's no waste of money spent. but he's not for breeding. sorry
CM
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 05:54 PM
A dog lovers registration means nothing. It's a made up registration service and no proof is needed of any of the dogs in the pedigrees in order to gain a certaificate of registration. there are people that have phoned the DLR with false details of dogs with phoney parents, adn they still got a certificate back. It's not worth the paper it's written on. There are no checks made on anything. They also register cross breeds, with guesswork as to the parentage.

If you breed from your dog, you cannot register the pups with the Kennel Club, as your dog is officially unregistered.

Why are you so concerned with breeding ?

Has your dog proven himself as a good standard of the breed in the showring ?

Does he have qualitites that would benefit the breed ?

Would you be bettering the breed by breeding from him ?

These are ....or should be.....the main reasons for breeding !!!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 05:55 PM
its taken me a year to find a good stud cavalier dog with all his health certificates and right temperment

pedigree is also very important to me so his lines compliment India's
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 05:57 PM
It was a waste of money most definately if you were paying money for a registered dog, it means nothing and is just a way for people to fool others who don't know such as yourself (no offence intended, we all have to learn from somewhere) and get more money out of them for what could be in fact, a mongrel.

It is so useless I could practically breed my weimaraner to a labrador and register them as great danes if I wanted.

I wouldn't advise breeding from him either. There is no guarantee that he is 100% what his papers say he is.

KC (Kennel Club) registration is the ONLY registration in the UK that is worth going for.

At the end of the day like I said, we all have to learn from somewhere and next time you go for a dog always get a KC reg pup unless you are looking for a rescue.

JMHO
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post

Has your dog proven himself as a good standard of the breed in the showring ?

Does he have qualitites that would benefit the breed ?

Would you be bettering the breed by breeding from him ?

These are ....or should be.....the main reasons for breeding !!!
the reason it took me a year to find the right dog

agree with the above post
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Awaste of money is debatable, depends on why you bought him, if you bought him to breed with, then yes you have wasted your money,(he will not be breeding material) but if you have bought him purely as a pet, them no, you will love him just as much no matter where he came from.... enjoy him for what he is, your little boy, he will give you all the love he has to give.

By coming on here, you have learned a lesson, as to where to buy your dogs from, hopefully next time you look for a puppy, you will make sure you find a good responsible breeder, who`s pups are KC registerd... it is the only one worth its salt.

Hannah , I assume you are very young , to young to be thinking about breeding.... use the next 10 yrs to learn as much as you can, noboy here is against people breeding, but it has to be done right, it takes yrs of reseach, it is not just a case of putting two dogs together, you have to have many things all working hand in hand, before you think of breeding.... the right dog, healthy/true to type/ impeccable temperament.... to get all these things in a good breeding dog, is hard for even the experts to find , you have to find an equally good speciman , that is going to compliment your dog, to produce the best pups you can... you need to have plans in place , if you are left with any pups, you have to be willing to take any of your pups back (what ever the age) if need be.

And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

So for now forget about was he worth it, get on with loving and enjoying him, make sure he is healthy, ( the certificates you recieved are proberbly not genuine ) and if you still want to breed in the future, buy your self the best pup you can,(KC) have a go a showing , you will learn so much, then when you are ready, you will have a wealth of knowledge to work on.
Debb858536
New Member!
Female 

26-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by hannah92 View Post
my dog is dlrc registered and i am not happy about what i have heard about them, can you still breed them, and was it a waste of money to buy one?
Hi Hannah
you do not need to worry about your dog being DLRC UK registered as DLRC provide same service as the kc and also follow same rules, being DLRC reg does not stop you from doing anything with your dog apart from showing in a kc run show (unless you are also with the kc), i know this post is an old one but i came accross it and wanted to put your mind at ease. DLRC does have an ethics code regarding age of Dam and number of litters etc:and do ban bad and negligent breeders and puppy farmers.They also advocate Hip scoring and all relevant health tests where appplicable and BVA can still Hip score a DLRC reg dog.Also all pedigree histories are cross referenced before processing.
They also only register Pedigrees,not cross breeds so alot of these other posts on here are actually erroneous.
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »