View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 01:57 PM
deed not breed - by the time the deeds done - the dogs destroyed - whats learnt - nothing

i hear a lot of bad things about pit bulls (obviously) round my area - yes i know of one round here - not personally but if i saw it it wouldbe reported - i have witnessed some nasty attacks from dogs in thsi area - a lot being staffys

my friend has a staffy - nice as anything - wouldnt trust it as far as i coudl throw it though - my collies - woudlnt trust them either - still hearding and nipping intinct

another one -my friend had - been brough up with kids - got rid of it - attacked everything - humans, kids etc - dont know why - just did - so like other breeds its still there

wouldnt trust any dog alone with kids - i would never ever leave a dog thats been brought up with kids alone in a room together

thats my opinoin - dont like it - fine - but everyones entitiled to their opinion - but you show me a staffy/pitbulll thats nice with other dogs etc and i might thinkg differently about them - until then - i wuldnt go anywhere near pits or banned breeds or even consider standin up for them
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
staffys

because it is easy to get pit bulls in ths county and pass them off as staffys!! they arealso used as matcho status
Saying this is like saying 'People only own Border Collies if they are a farmer or want to look like a farmer'. Yes some do but not all, it is a ridiculous statement!

Just out of interest are you aware that staffies are statistically safer with babies and children than collies? When both dogs are brought up correctly of course.

Look up the statistics on reports for dog bites by BC and Staffies and compare them.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Well said Sal, My two sons have staffys and children and those dogs adore the children. My sons are 40 and 34 both family men who chose that breed after researching into which dogs are good with children.
Thanks,
It just really annoys that someone can pass judgement and call for a breed ban without even knowing the breed.It's a breed that is very people orientated,very very rarely do they show aggression towards humans and children.

There would be an uproar if they tried to ban the Stafford,they are one of the most popular dogs shown in the terrier group at all uk general champ shows with entries usually in excess of 200.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 02:02 PM
deed not breed - by the time the deeds done - the dogs destroyed - whats learnt - nothing

i hear a lot of bad things about pit bulls (obviously) round my area - yes i know of one round here - not personally but if i saw it it wouldbe reported - i have witnessed some nasty attacks from dogs in thsi area - a lot being staffys

my friend has a staffy - nice as anything - wouldnt trust it as far as i coudl throw it though - my collies - woudlnt trust them either - still hearding and nipping intinct

another one -my friend had - been brough up with kids - got rid of it - attacked everything - humans, kids etc - dont know why - just did - so like other breeds its still there

wouldnt trust any dog alone with kids - i would never ever leave a dog thats been brought up with kids alone in a room together

thats my opinoin - dont like it - fine - but everyones entitiled to their opinion - but you show me a staffy/pitbulll thats nice with other dogs etc and i might thinkg differently about them - until then - i wuldnt go anywhere near pits or banned breeds or even consider standin up for them
I know Staffies AND Pitts who are good with other dogs and even good with Maddy, now THAT is a test of temperament! I bet they have faired better than your dogs would with her, i'd be prepared to put money on it infact!

How sad you don't trust your dogs.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 02:05 PM

I suggest you come and meet my Tyler then!
A word of warning though,he will lick you to death
He is excellent around other dogs,he will play with them till the cows come home!

He has also been attacked by a Yorkie,a collie cross and a westie,now he could have easily had a go back,he didn't,he chose to ignore it!
He is brill with people and kids.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 02:08 PM
i dotn trust 1 of my dogs 100% because i know what shes like and im not going to not admit it as that would be stupid

sal - obviously if you owna staffy your going to defend them - but just because you dont agree with my opinion dosent make me wrong - or right! so dont dismiss it straight awawy and think about it and rather than trying to insult me have a mature conversation about it

random - collies are nippers - i know - like i said i would never have any dog near kids (alone with them) - collies are likely to nip, cahse and herd - thats what they do
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Saying this is like saying 'People only own Border Collies if they are a farmer or want to look like a farmer'. Yes some do but not all, it is a ridiculous statement!

Just out of interest are you aware that staffies are statistically safer with babies and children than collies? When both dogs are brought up correctly of course.

Look up the statistics on reports for dog bites by BC and Staffies and compare them.
Kel unfortunatly you won't find bite stats in the uk because there not recorded,but it is common knowlege that infact most bites are caused by crossbreeds,collies and labs.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Kel unfortunatly you won't find bite stats in the uk because there not recorded,but it is common knowlege that infact most bites are caused by crossbreeds,collies and labs.
and im talking about attacks not bites

collies nip like i posted above - i have never seena collie attack and lock its jaw on something like a staffy or pit
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 02:16 PM
i dotn trust 1 of my dogs 100% because i know what shes like and im not going to not admit it as that would be stupid

sal - obviously if you owna staffy your going to defend them - but just because you dont agree with my opinion dosent make me wrong - or right! so dont dismiss it straight awawy and think about it and rather than trying to insult me have a mature conversation about it

random - collies are nippers - i know - like i said i would never have any dog near kids (alone with them) - collies are likely to nip, cahse and herd - thats what they do
I will defend the breed,Do really think I would endanger my kids??
My eldest was attacked by a Bullmastiff,badly I might add,does that mean every dog of that breed would attack-of course not!!
My youngest was bitten by a German Shepherd,does that mean every dog of that breed would bite,of course not!!!
I was bitten on the arm by a collie,does that mean they all bite,I don't think so!

I love my dogs,I trust my dogs around kids and people we've never met before-pity you don't have the same bond and trust in your dogs,but your only young and have alot to learn by the sound of it!

I've got a bond with my dogs they listen to me and I don't have to hit mine to get respect.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 02:17 PM
and im talking about attacks not bites

collies nip like i posted above - i have never seena collie attack and lock its jaw on something like a staffy or pit
Staffords and Pitts do not lock there jaws that is impossible.
Suse I get the impression you don't know what your talking about!
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »