01-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Awww, bless her little heart...she's finding her feet

Are you sure there's no English Setter in her...that all sounds very familiar
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
Maybe she needs a run with Dizzy then, she may share her enthusiasm!
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
oh Steph, that is one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time. 'Demented conger eel

Bless her I hope you keep her diary on Dogsey, it will certainly make me smile
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
Yep, that sounds like one happy pup to me!! *smile's smugly as Lily is out of the manic puppy stage*

Aww, seriously though, those days go far too quickly and then they're all grown up and sensible! Oh wait, Tess is a collie isn't she!!! *looks at Dylan aged approx 13/14 who is still looney tunes*
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Oh me, she sounds like she is having a ball Poor Reah though, getting unceremoniously dumped off the couch

I can just imagine the slide under the coffee table, my folks dog, Misha used to do that during her mad zoomies round the house...one of her zoom routes led under the coffee table. Which worked brilliantly...until she grew and forgot to duck one day..
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Perfect!

She sounds brilliant, if a mental case!
Originally Posted by rune View Post
LOL----love the picture I now have.

rune
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
LOL! What a fun pup! Can't wait to read all about her exploits!
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
ha hahahahah love it,

you always said you wouldnt mind a rottie ..............sounds like you got one now, only thing is, its disguised as a collie...

classic
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
'Demented conger eel' got me too, I am sorry Steph I did laugh as well
Sounds like Tess is a one dog whirlwind and have a good image in my head of things going flying as Tess AKA Whirlwind sends them all flying with zoomies.
Poor Reah, I see her going
Thankfully night time comes and she does actually stop
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Sounds pretty normal for a BC to me don't forget, Collies don't have a screw loose, they never have it in the first place

I'm so pleased to hear she's settling in so well, and feeling she can do these things she obviously trust you and the gang, bless her heart
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
That's my Girl!!!!! I just knew she was going to be trouble...I could feel it in my water....That girlie has "no fear"

Your poor house sis, Hey ho! welcome to my world

xxxxxx
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Sounds like she has settled in then.

She will probably grow up to be a very quiet demure lady. Just have to get through the mental stage first.

Not sure if I envy you or not.
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
She sounds like Chase lol!
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Awww, bless her little heart...she's finding her feet

Are you sure there's no English Setter in her...that all sounds very familiar
Right guys.....this is day 2 of the diary and the day has just started..........
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Hi,

what a great read!!!! Maybe it's in the name My Tess is not much different when she has one of her (many) mad-moments.... the grass in my garden has decided to migrate... don't know where it went but it disappeared around the end of october when Tess moved in, she used to love taking a running start and then sliding under all chairs, tables, dressers etc (but then one day found out she was suddenly too big... ouch!!!), her favorite game when she just got here was jumping through the cat-flap and back, over and over.... she's still frustrated that that doesn't work anymore (and even more frustrated that the cats can still fit... )... oh, and nothing made of wood is safe.... including our wooden floor....

She also loves other dogs of all sizes and shapes, has no problem playing rough, but really doesn't like it when dogs growl while playing... when they do that she simply bowls them over with her bum and sits on them smiling happily.... no matter how much larger they are..... GSD's, Red Setters, White Shepherds, Labs.... luckily she only does that to dogs she knows and is playing with... dogs that growl in earnest are "grizzly bears" and really frighten her.....

What really gets Tess going are squishy squeaky toys where the air that comes out when she bites gets squirted into her mouth.... drives her completely mad

Who needs TV when you have a pup in the house?

Enjoy!

Claire
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2010, 08:56 AM
What a great diary, It really made me laugh. Look's like Tess is over the moon with her new family and is making everyone aware of just how happy she is
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Day 2

Well I came down to the dirty washing screwn all over the floor and just to add to the recipe she had pee'd on it, so picked up soaking wet dirty clothes and have loaded the washing machine, a difficult job as she pulled them out as fast as I put them in....I can see a job there for her

Bruce alerted me to the fact that we have a huge rat in the trap and Tess being highly delighted with the latest member of the family took to barking her head off at it and then doing zoomies around the garden (obviously no ratter then )
Pat did have a cat thing made of furstuff that was in the car......well thats gone now still he should of put it back in the car thats all I can say
Eventually I moved rat and trap into the shed as although I hate rats....I actually felt sorry for this one as it run the risk of going deaf with Tess's constant barking at it, or having a heart attack, Tess obviously didn't see me shut the shed door, as she ran round like a maniac and came tanking down the garden crashing into the shut door

The window seat obviously needed a good run at it this morning as she took off from the kitchen across the living room, across the dining room and hit the window..........puts me in mind of a swan taking off someone needs to tell her she does not have wings

Sugar rush after breakfast didn't seem as bad as norm, but then maybe I couldn't see the difference as she was so hyper before breakfast

She stood on Bruces head, with her front feet and Bruce tried biting her legs....well that was just the signal she needed to grab him by the collar and drag him off the chair with a crash, she then jumped on the chair and seemed thoroughly pleased with her efforts. Bruce gave her what for but I somehow feel this resulted in Tess lying on the floor in fits of laughter....if you get my meaning

Our foster son came down and was almost dragged under the dining table by his trouser leg, but she did let go after I said NO (firmly) but then the pair of underpants that I obviously missed in the dirty washing came into play and were at one time flying around like a frizby.

She has a chew now and some peace has reigned....will be glad when Pat comes home, I can see a walk is going to be needed............
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Im loving Tess more and more by the second, what can I say shes my kinda girl....bless her
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2010, 09:51 AM
I am loving this diary, funniest yet, Tess sounds to be a character and a half, oh what a handful
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by cintvelt View Post
Hi,

what a great read!!!! Maybe it's in the name My Tess is not much different when she has one of her (many) mad-moments.... the grass in my garden has decided to migrate... don't know where it went but it disappeared around the end of october when Tess moved in, she used to love taking a running start and then sliding under all chairs, tables, dressers etc (but then one day found out she was suddenly too big... ouch!!!), her favorite game when she just got here was jumping through the cat-flap and back, over and over.... she's still frustrated that that doesn't work anymore (and even more frustrated that the cats can still fit... )... oh, and nothing made of wood is safe.... including our wooden floor....

She also loves other dogs of all sizes and shapes, has no problem playing rough, but really doesn't like it when dogs growl while playing... when they do that she simply bowls them over with her bum and sits on them smiling happily.... no matter how much larger they are..... GSD's, Red Setters, White Shepherds, Labs.... luckily she only does that to dogs she knows and is playing with... dogs that growl in earnest are "grizzly bears" and really frighten her.....

What really gets Tess going are squishy squeaky toys where the air that comes out when she bites gets squirted into her mouth.... drives her completely mad

Who needs TV when you have a pup in the house?

Enjoy!

Claire
Squeaky toys.....yes well thats something that would drive you bonkers here, Tess with her constant crashing into stuff squeaking toys is something to keep well out of the way off
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
What a great diary, It really made me laugh. Look's like Tess is over the moon with her new family and is making everyone aware of just how happy she is
Oh Happy is an understatement .........such enthusiasum should be bottled, I'd make a bomb
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Im loving Tess more and more by the second, what can I say shes my kinda girl....bless her
Well she's coming to scotland hun.....beware
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
I am loving this diary, funniest yet, Tess sounds to be a character and a half, oh what a handful
She is a delight, but I will admit she is a real handful, abit like a tornado
loupoppins
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Oh LOL I have just laughed so much Although I'm sure it is quite wearing for you!
Amazingly it actually makes my Bella seem quite calm She also like strewing washing everywhere(thankfully without the peeing bit though )...was wondering about training her to load the washing machine....
Good luck for the rest of the day.She sounds just wonderful!
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2010, 10:51 AM
The Tornado Tess diary's..... you should make this into a book, it would be a best seller I reckon
Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »