Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Our doggies have just one tag each
They have our telephone number and the dogs name and 'scan me' engraved on them.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 06:26 AM
mine have on one side,

My surname, address and home phone number, on the other they have i am microchipped and neutered and both mine and hubby's mobiles, A lot of springers are nicked for breeding so i reckon by saying they are neutered , then they are not much good for the potential thief
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-04-2009, 07:05 AM
Mine have
Their name
Home telephone number
My mobile number
Microchipped
Postcode
They wear large red dingo tags, deep engraved and infilled in black so they are always easy to read. Not really concerned about the dogs being nicked, more concerned with getting them back quickly or being contactable in an emergency etc.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Mine have my surname and mobile number on one side. "Microchipped & Neutered" on the other and the Vet's contact number.

I would always have my mobile number on the tag. If one disappeared and I was out searching whoever finds them could ring me immediately, rather than hoping someone finds the dog, brings it home, checks the tag/microchip, contacts the appropriate company, who in turn contact me..... I think you get my drift.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Ours have just the one tag that has our name, mobile and 'i am microchipped' on them.

We were also advised by the police not to put the dogs name on the tag.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 12:24 PM
I always used to have my mobile number on my tags - but am now in the lucky situation of someone always being in. Probably a good idea (if you have space) to put mobile and landline on there.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Mine has just one tag with: my home number, my mobile number, vets number and "I'm ID chipped".

We've been told different things as far as what is legally required. One trainer said we had to have full name and address in case our dog caused an accident and we could then be traced and fined or something like that. I don't like the idea of my address being there tbh, so didn't.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Legally you have to have the holders name and address on there.
We once lost a tag (didn't even notice) until it arrived in the post...some good samaritan had posted it to us having found it. Isn't that just soooooo nice?

Hope this link works..
http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/informat...aw/presentlaw/
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Mine have our surname on one side and on the other side you have the house number and post code, also 4 telephone numbers, landline, my mobile, Vets number and a friends number.

I know people can find me with this info if they want to as one of the dogs recently lost a tag and it got sent back to us.

Some people are concerned of burglary having the address details on a tag etc, but having weighed up this thought against that of how it might delay me in getting my beloved pets back...i decided it was no contest.

They also wear a tag that says, i am microchipped on one side and on the other i am spayed.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2009, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Legally you have to have the holders name and address on there.
We once lost a tag (didn't even notice) until it arrived in the post...some good smaritan had posted it to us having found it. Isn't that just soooooo nice?
That's really nice! Sometimes with all the bad stuff and stories I read it's easy to forget the good people out there.
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »