Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
I see, I thought the concept was the same as a canny collar - i.e. you get more control of the head by putting the collar high up.

I didn't realise the top of the neck is more sensitive - why is that?
Not sure why,but it is. Probably more nerve endings and the dogs would feel the pressure on their throat at the top of the neck much more. It is a control thing, because it hurts them.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
the thin slip bit
Not nit picking honest mrs but the illusion collar and the slip collar are completely different. the illusion is like a double collar joined together bit like a neck brace to be honest. The narrow bit in this picture is a lead. I don't much like it either but although I don't think it looks very comfortable I can't see how it's too thin and would cut in.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Not nit picking honest mrs but the illusion collar and the slip collar are completely different. the illusion is like a double collar joined together bit like a neck brace to be honest. The narrow bit in this picture is a lead. I don't much like it either but although I don't think it looks very comfortable I can't see how it's too thin and would cut in.
The bit im refering too is the bit between the lead & that "neck brace" contraption. Lol i thought the illussion was the fact that you couldnt see it. whats te illusion about that great big thing?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

31-10-2008, 09:15 PM
The bit im refering too is the bit between the lead & that "neck brace" contraption. Lol i thought the illussion was the fact that you couldnt see it. whats te illusion about that great big thing?

His wife designed it and her name is Illusion
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 09:24 PM
OMG!!!! you are joking !!!!!! totally PMSL!!!!!

http://www.cesarmillaninc.com/products/i-collar.php

Theres a vid here for people who want to see it in use, You can quite clearly see it has holders for the slip bit & he only shows it used with the slip, which is thin, imo. Id like to see him use the collar without the slip attachment, & id like to see it without the jerky, i dislike some headcollars, but at least "they" do the work & you dont have to jerk them around.

My dogs if on a jolly, where a dogmatic or a fleecy harness. They pull like lunatics on a jolly, So they give me the extra control i need. the dogmatic gives me more control than the harness, so it would depend where i am going. would add i dont think head collars or Harness "train " a dog not to pull, just give more control. Because of my sport interests , i dont mind if they do pull (purely my own "quirk!")
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 09:26 PM
o and....does anyone actually want..to quote.. "a calm ,submissive dog" id be horrified if my dogs were calm & submissive!!!!!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 09:28 PM
The Illusion(named after his wife)Collar is in two parts & he freely admits that the top of the neck is most sensitive
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

31-10-2008, 09:34 PM
o and....does anyone actually want..to quote.. "a calm ,submissive dog" id be horrified if my dogs were calm & submissive!!!!!
I think it depends on your interpretation of calm and submissive tbh.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 09:38 PM
No it isn't when fitted properly the calming band is high on the neck not on the face, there is a part that goes around the face and it's far from calming it actually sends most dogs into a frenzy trying to paw it off, or they constantly shove their head between your legs to rub it off

Er no the T Touch calming band is an elasticized figure of eight that goes around the muzzle & round the neck-just like a figure of 8 head collar except that no lead is attached
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 09:42 PM
I think it depends on your interpretation of calm and submissive tbh.
Un expressive & on the floor,Tail down, ears back.

I like freely Expressive animals, up in the air, tails UP & flying or Wagging & ears alert or mellow, & above all smiley eyes!
Page 7 of 40 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »