View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Hi Hun................well my heart goes out to you it really does.

Our old girl Meg was hand-reared from 2 days old, lived till she reached 23 yrs.......and went exactly the same as your baby.
Blind, deaf, incontinent and confused, walking up the garden....or should I say wobbling....and she didn't know where she was.

I felt the Best piece of LOVE to her was the day I asked the vet to step in and do what was required. I spoke to her as she went, and told her how much I loved her, but she knew that......
I hope you will give your lovely old dog that same LOVE......they never leave you, Meg is still here ......in my heart and my memories
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2008, 10:16 AM
I so much wish we could show all our loved ones this last favour...
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2008, 10:24 AM
It is time to say goodbye to your friend

Thinking of you (((hug))) xx
mccrorie
New Member!
Male 

19-05-2008, 10:36 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Kelly. I know it is hard to put a much loved family member down but sometimes we have to put our own selfish thoughts aside and do the right thing.

We want to hang onto them for as long as is possible to save our pain and hurt but sometimes we have to be brave and make the right decision.

My thoughts, love and best wishes go out to both you and Kelly
Gemma27
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Really sorry to hear about Kelly. All the other posts are right, it is the right thing to do and the kindest thing you can do for her now.

My brother had to say goodbye to his 14 year old Lurcher (Weasel) yesterday. She was a real lady and we will miss her always. My brother was not sure whether it was the right time despite her deteriorating terribly this last week.

He said that when they gave her the injection she relaxed and for the first time in a long time, she was his weasel again. He knew then that he had made the right decision.

It nearly breaks your heart but they have given you everything and this is our time to give back to them.

I'm sure you will do the right thing.
All the best.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2008, 07:33 PM
I am so sorry and it is a very hard decision to make. She's telling you what she needs. Please ... let her go. It's about quality of life and through no fault of your own, she's not got that anymore. I just wish that love was enough to keep them alive.

My thoughts are with you.

((Big Hugs))

Heidi
kalima62
New Member!
Female 

26-05-2008, 08:50 AM
WELL,WELL,WELL...you never guess?
It's some days that i wanted to answer and tell you all the good news. Kelly last sunday was really miserable and we didn't know if she would of made it through the night. We had decided to call the vet, first thing in the morning as to help us make the last decision for her. But, the day after, she looked a wee tiny bit better than the day before, so we decided to see what happened the next hour...and the hour after and the one after that and so on till the day ended. The tuesday, she got up and went outside slowly wobbling to do her business, that she did straight out of the shop door...but never mind, as long as she freed herself a little. We noticed though that she couldn't manage to control her actions and had feces stuck on her behind fur that she sat on in the shop and all on her bed. What a terrible smell, something was to be done...so ( as it's me that has to do all the dirty work ) i put my gloves on and got on with the stinky chore of washing her behind...I cant describe the impossibility for me to free her of it all as she had a mess stuck like dreadlocks of S--T on her fur.
One thing was to be done, chop it all off and get rid of it quickly as the smell was killing me!! ...and upsetting my spaghetti bolognaise lunch!!
At last, after some hard work, i got her clean and washed and smelling like a clean babies bottom!!! I cropped her all over, as she's got a very long black coat. Poor love, she had a contented face and was so happy. The days after that ,were for her of just progress. She has returned the old Kelly we knew. She gets out, comes over to you in search of a pat, barks at what ever she smells in the air ( cos she only has one eye and has a cataract on that too).
The only thing is that she doesn't eat, just some ham, about 2 slices, and 1 of her favourite morning coffee biscuits. But she drinks pleanty of water. She's lost weight and phisically looks better ( she was a bit over weight ). She surely will have some more of her bad days to come, because with an old dog you don't know what will happen next, but what everwill happen, our love and presence will be all for her. I'm glad i didn't have to take the drastic decision..( 4 the moment!!)
Thank-you 4 all your posts with all my heart...
I will keep you all informed if the situations has a turnover.
have a nice day
Marisaxxx

Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2008, 08:58 AM
OH wow, just read this thread from the start, and felt really sad, and now to read your last post, is so nice.

She probably feels a litter better in herself and it will help her joints with the weight loss, and I hope she continues to remain her happy self for a while to come x
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Glad to read the outcome. Who doesn't feel better after a nice warm bath hey? I know when I'm down and feeling blue a nice soak in a bath makes me feel better, why not a dog hey?

((Big Hugs))

Heidi
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2008, 02:03 PM
I've just been catching up with the last page of this thread too. I was feeling so sad, it all brings back such painful memories.
Now I feel very happy for you, you must feel so relieved.
Kelly looks so contented in that picture almost as if she is smiling.
I hope you have a lot more happy times together.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >