View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Totally agree about exercise. It amazes me that people have dogs if they don't want to walk them.
I was talking to one woman last week who NEVER takes her Springer out. She says he has behavioural problems!!! She can't manage him if he sees another dog and has no recall, so he's driving them mad in the house. She says she tried a behaviourist who was no help. Poor dog.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 06:05 PM
TJ and Zoeybeau are complete nut cases, but it all comes down to exercise if they don't get a run each and everyday life is hell they behave like ADHD dog's bouncing off me and TJ bounces of the wall's she get's so hyped up, I myself have seen perfectly good dog's ruined by not getting enough exercise.
Shona your'e spot on again.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks guys for the posts, its so sad that some would rather re-home dogs or never walk them rather than put a wee bit more effort in, its shocking, if only they realised a bit more effort would most likely make home life with there dog far nicer too,
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 08:58 PM
I have to agree totally Shona,your spot on, xxxxx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Imagine Maddy without any exercise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll do an experiment and let you know.
Barry
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Agree totally with dogs becoming agitated and not behaving etc when not excersised enough! The dogs need stimulated, its unfair too ask a dog not to get at least a couple of short walks a day! Everyone is able to spend different timescales with their dogs depending on their commitments. Most responsible dog owners thoroughly enjoy walking their dogs sometimes just as much as the dog enjoys the walk, i know i do! I see the difference even with Tikka at her young age if i,ve maybe only managed to take her out 3 or 4 times for 10/ 15 mins against if i,ve had her out once or twice am then long hour and a bit lunchtime walk and couple of good half hour walks at night.
When Tikka had sliced her pad a good few wks back i still made a cauntious effort to stimulate her mind by doing some indoor training with her, playing with her toys with her etc. It annoys the hell outta mw when you here some poor dogs barking away locked indoors for hours upon end!!!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Imagine Maddy without any exercise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll do an experiment and let you know.
My wee Boobah too,xxxxxxxxxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
DONT DO IT Maddy would likely go off her nut without her walkies,,
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
DONT DO IT Maddy would likely go off her nut without her walkies,,
Oh she's off her nut anyway surely she can't get any worse!

She was bad enough after he spay actually now I think on it, never bloody sat still for 2 seconds, I think i'll leave that experiment, lol.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Agree totally with dogs becoming agitated and not behaving etc when not excersised enough! The dogs need stimulated, its unfair too ask a dog not to get at least a couple of short walks a day! Everyone is able to spend different timescales with their dogs depending on their commitments. Most responsible dog owners thoroughly enjoy walking their dogs sometimes just as much as the dog enjoys the walk, i know i do! I see the difference even with Tikka at her young age if i,ve maybe only managed to take her out 3 or 4 times for 10/ 15 mins against if i,ve had her out once or twice am then long hour and a bit lunchtime walk and couple of good half hour walks at night.
When Tikka had sliced her pad a good few wks back i still made a cauntious effort to stimulate her mind by doing some indoor training with her, playing with her toys with her etc. It annoys the hell outta mw when you here some poor dogs barking away locked indoors for hours upon end!!!
I think so many folk with young large breeds use it as an excuse not to walk them,{not you of course} but I hear it so often, oh he cant walk far hes a large breed,,, what utter crud, ok break the exercise up into regular short walks, but to be honest, I never rolled any of my lot in cotton wool, they have survived to tell the tale, never had a terrible injury, hips and elbow scores where good, so I tend to go with give em exercise, take them to as many places as poss, let them see as much as poss and your more than half way to a nice sane adult dog,, theres always the exception to the rule though, but they are rare I would think
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »