View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Thank you all so much for your replys, it's certainly given me plenty to think about

Thanks youngsteve, I hadn't thought of it in that angle, but you may well have a point there, the other dog Jack had a fight with is also a BC, and just thinking about things in general, last night as soon as we opened the hall door to go in Jack started, but when we go in the school at agility, nothing just 'yipee' the school being a lot bigger and the roof a lot higher as well.

I told Christopher about the anxiety wrap, and he seems very keen on getting him one.

Also as Patch said, going over trigger times of last night, a lot of it is when he being looked at, eye to eye contact with dogs, his girlfriend is quite a submissive dog and I can't remember her giving him eye contact and he's never ever even looked at her crossly, and then there was that poodle that backed up to him, again no eye contact so if we can get every dog to walk backward to him, we'll be fine
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Ok CLMG backwards it is then. BC males have a tendency to be more "I don't like this situation" than the females. although one of my girls Reah will stand her ground if she thinks she been "hemmed" in. My bessie mate has two males, they work fabby off leads, if we all meet up at The lickey Hills or Clent, they are a picture of obedience, we think we are the bees knees, but get her one dog Jack on a lead and he will lunge himself at passing dogs if in enclosed areas. I've also noticed with Reah if I go to the vets and leave a lead OFF she will just follow, the waiting room's not that big, but if I put the lead on and we are in the waiting room she gets anxious and shakes. I honestly believe BC's think they are a cut above the rest (not that they are) but they are too smart for their own good sometimes. And I've had 6 now and I honestly tell people that they can be dominant, restrict them and they get OTT with anxiety. Glad Patch gave you the idea of the wrap......sounds good to me.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Thank you, all of you, I knew my dogsey friends would be here to help

Well, we are definately going to get Jack an anxiety wrap, but in the new year as we are going away on Sunday, and can't trust the neighbour to take in or keep a delivery for us

We had a good long talk about Jack last night and really can't decide whether to try to avoid any situation that may upset him, or try to work through them, to avoid them would certainly mean no more going to obedience and just working him at home, but it would be almost imposible to try to desensitise him to that surrounding with out just jumping in at the deep end, so not quite sure what to there yet, early days

Thanks youngsteve Jack is the 3rd BC I've owned and whether it's his past or just him, he has by far the worse problems, so a very thought provoking reply, and it does describe Jack to a T

Thanks Isochick it's nice to know we arn't alone

Thanks Patch you're a STAR
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Jacks Anxiety wrap arrived this morning, we tried it on him, we didn't know how he would react, but he seemed to love it, it was only on for a few minutes, but apart from walking a bit odd to start with because of the straps between his legs, he was fine, I don't know if it was because it was new to him, but he seemed immediatley calmer, although he was not in any way stressed at the time, so fingers crossed this works for him

elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 08:52 PM
He looks very nice in it anyway! Keep us posted about its usefulness.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Fudge`s has arrived too. She was calmer over the hols wearing it but we had a friework free new year so hopefully she will also have had time to calm on her own.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 04:36 AM
How cool does Jack look in his new wrap
Just remember to take trigger situations nice and slow and let the wrap do the re-assuring, and hopefully you will see a terrific steady difference in him being able to cope comfortably for the future
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2