View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
welikeart
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2007, 10:00 AM
I know the show seemed a little stiff but these types of shows often are.

Not sure how many will get homed by the celebs as I saw Selina and the other news reader, the one with the dog with large ears, being interviewed on BBC1 Breakfast and neither had any intention of keeping them due to family circumstances.

I think Claudia the Afghan is very lucky being re-homed with a multi-millionaire, do you think he might adopt me too!

Years ago when I was 14 years old, my parents, our german shepherd and I was on a TV show called "Thats My Dog" which involved your working with your own dog to acheive tasks.

Debs
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Theo and the Afghan left and he has adopted it.

I really enjoyed it and like the others have said if it highlights the plight of recue dogs then in my opinion it can only be a good thing.
As I said on another thread that concerned me, as in an interview in our local paper, he said he wasnt a dog or cat person and was bullied into doing the show, furthermore, his family wanted a small dog! For the Afghan's sake I hope it works out for the dog, as they are not the easiest breed in the world.
Dawn.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 10:05 AM
So do I Springergirl, so do I.
dawn.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Who left the show last night? I missed the update.

Thanks.
I missed the update too, but belive it was the Afghan.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I missed the update too, but belive it was the Afghan.
Durrr, bit behind..trying to do 2 things at once!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
What worried me was WHEN he said he was taking the Afghan home! In our local paper, an interview with Theo, saw him say he was not a dog or cat person at all and was bullied into doing the show. The family actually wanted a small dog too. Given the way Afghans can be I hope it turns out ok for the dog!
Dawn.
We all know how papers like to twist and fabricate things though

I hope for Claudia's sake, Theo will be dedicated to her.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Couple of things I didn't like - the guy who was the dancer, he seemed extremely fake to me, when they were choosing which dog to work with he said he didn't want one of them because it was beige! He kept commenting on the one he had being 'ginger' - I mean talk about not getting the point! After the judging of the round I notice he spent ages picking hairs of the suit he was wearing, like who wears a suit to do an agility round! :smt017 He seemed more interested in getting himself on TV rather than the cause it was for.
Anton is a very well known dancer and doesn't need shows like this to get his face on the telly. I suspect they asked him since he does the Strictly Come Dancing shows for the BBC and is a popular character.

The comments about the dogs colour I suspect are in jest, for a bit of craic. I doubt he was serious. I think he made the comments about the dog being "Ginger" was because of the famous dancer, Ginger Rodgers...

He's the kinda guy you need to take with a pinch of salt.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by welikeart View Post
I think Claudia the Afghan is very lucky being re-homed
Debs
I'm glad he adopted her. Think his family were very wise to persuade him to do this as he seemed to have a good bondwith the dog which if he had just gone out & bought a dog for the family I suspect he would not have had.

Originally Posted by welikeart View Post
Years ago when I was 14 years old, my parents, our german shepherd and I was on a TV show called "Thats My Dog" which involved your working with your own dog to acheive tasks.

Debs
I used to love that show & tried out all the elements on the dog I then owned.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Possibly, however it was a Q&A, they ask, he answers, word for word, so it said.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 10:34 AM
http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/intervie...&in_page_id=11
Its enough for me NOT to home a breed such as an Afghan with this family.
Dawn.
Page 6 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »