View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-03-2007, 08:09 AM
I enjoyed it and if it the helps the plight of the rescue dogs it can only do some some good (hopefully).
Glad Claudia got a home she was a beauty,I loved them all though so didn't vote.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 08:45 AM
I enjoyed it on the whole, loved seeing how the different dogs had improved in behaviour and started trusting their handlers. It really was quite marvellous how some of them behaved live too!

Couple of things I didn't like - the guy who was the dancer, he seemed extremely fake to me, when they were choosing which dog to work with he said he didn't want one of them because it was beige! He kept commenting on the one he had being 'ginger' - I mean talk about not getting the point! After the judging of the round I notice he spent ages picking hairs of the suit he was wearing, like who wears a suit to do an agility round! :smt017 He seemed more interested in getting himself on TV rather than the cause it was for.

Theo whatshisface of Dragons Den was another, he wanted the expert trainer to help him 'pick a winner' - again losing the point of the show!! That said I have to say I was impressed with how he had bonded with the Afghan and got it to behave well which cannot have been easy, they aren't the easiest of breeds to train I've heard!

I have no doubt all the dogs featured on the show will get homes, just hope it inspires other people to adopt which seems the whole purpose of the show in the first place. Well done to BBC 2 for at least trying to highlight such a worthy cause:smt023
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 08:48 AM
I enjoyed it on the whole, loved seeing how the different dogs had improved in behaviour and started trusting their handlers. It really was quite marvellous how some of them behaved live too!

Couple of things I didn't like - the guy who was the dancer, he seemed extremely fake to me, when they were choosing which dog to work with he said he didn't want one of them because it was beige! He kept commenting on the one he had being 'ginger' - I mean talk about not getting the point! After the judging of the round I notice he spent ages picking hairs of the suit he was wearing, like who wears a suit to do an agility round! :smt017 He seemed more interested in getting himself on TV rather than the cause it was for.

Theo whatshisface off Dragons Den was another, he wanted the expert trainer to help him 'pick a winner' - again losing the point of the show!! That said I have to say I was impressed with how he had bonded with the Afghan and got it to behave well which cannot have been easy, they aren't the easiest of breeds to train I've heard!

I have no doubt all the dogs featured on the show will get homes, just hope it inspires other people to adopt which seems the whole purpose of the show in the first place. Well done to BBC 2 for at least trying to highlight such a worthy cause:smt023
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 08:55 AM
I watched it and quite enjoyed it, IMO working at a large rescue, anything that brings to the attention of the public, that there are dogs in rescue homes around the country that are trainable,loving dogs that are in need of a warm fireplace to lie in front of gets the thumbs up from me. I am sure all the dogs on the programme will either be adopted by the celeb or a dog loving viewer, lets hope many more are adopted because of the public awareness it brings.

Mo
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 09:31 AM
What worried me was WHEN he said he was taking the Afghan home! In our local paper, an interview with Theo, saw him say he was not a dog or cat person at all and was bullied into doing the show. The family actually wanted a small dog too. Given the way Afghans can be I hope it turns out ok for the dog!
Dawn.
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2007, 09:35 AM
oh i didnt know that dawn. hope he's not bitten off more than he can chew and the poor doggie ends up back at the rescue home.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Who left the show last night? I missed the update.

Thanks.
welikeart
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2007, 09:52 AM
Theo and the Afghan left but the good news I felt was that he has taken her home with him.

Debs
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Aww that is good news (about him rehoming her) I do think that a few of the celebs are going to find it very hard to give their dogs up - so maybe a few more will be taken home
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

21-03-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Who left the show last night? I missed the update.

Thanks.
Theo and the Afghan left and he has adopted it.

I really enjoyed it and like the others have said if it highlights the plight of recue dogs then in my opinion it can only be a good thing.
Page 5 of 20 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »