Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by vansansboxers View Post
That is my point that I tried to tell these people. We show our dogs and like I told him when he told me he belived what this trainer said,he just wouldnt belive me,I think he thought we just wanted him to take the puppy back, but he had a very big surprise when I both said No problem we will take him back and after a trip to the vets to rule out any physical problems that may contribute to this so called resource guarding, because frankly he shows no sign of ant kind of aggression that your wife and your trainer has spoken of, and i will side on the puppy's side of this because I think he is the innocent one.
Sandy
Hi Sandy sadly I have heard stories like this before, the problem is often that the people take on a puppy not knowing what to expect or how much work is involved, then they need 'an excuse ' to get rid of it

The trainer may not have been a 'proper trainer' from a recognised body, I hope they didn't charge for their services.

Your puppy is safe now that is the main thing
vansansboxers
New Member!
Female 

13-12-2006, 05:45 PM
well gang, K.D. is almost the perfect little guy! We have not had one problem with him or his resource guarding issues, which I really have doubts he ever had them to begin with.We have done to this puppy Everything the people said happened when he bit and growled ect and nothing! Not even a whimper let alone any type of aggression. He listens quite well, is going out for potty has no issues being in the crate at night (which they have also said He didnt like it and cried all night) After being here and going to the vets for a complete physical and blood work, he I really think is ready for a new forever home, hopefully I can find the right homes for both K.D. and His brother Beetle.
Thanks to all and have a Very Merrt Christmas!
Sandy
Meg
Supervisor

13-12-2006, 05:50 PM
Hi Sandy that is good news (but not unexpected )
he sounds a delightful puppy who had a lucky escape.

I am sure someone will come along to love him and give him the home he deserves.. xx
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Wow sandy what a lovely thread, and what a kind responsible breeder you are! Well done

Im so happy to hear K.D was ok, and I agree with everyone else about making it up to give the puppy back, and I doubt they even SAW a trainer

Merry christmas to you too!
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 09:57 PM
That is great news!!
I am actually pleased he is out of that home!! I am sure he will be MUCH better off in another, loving, and more understanding home!
vansansboxers
New Member!
Female 

17-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Hi Guys,
Havent been here since Last Year any ways an update on K.D. He is now in a show home!He went Sunday, he was the perfect puppy, I was talking to my husband and told him we should keep him But with 5 boxers in the home now I think I would need my head examined to see if there really is a brain up there now that everything is settled down, at least for a while I can get on this and answer emails and see what is going on, well just thought Id let everyone know just what was going on here.
Sandy
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 07:25 PM
hi i breed boxers and i agree with you hw can a trainor spend one hr with a dog and then tell the new owners to get rid . he must be either a bloody miraclew worker to solve the prob in an hr . or these people have realised what a big responsibility it is owning a dog never mind one of a specific breed like a boxer . ithink there playing you as they no longer want the trouble of looking after your we pup . i wud if i was in your shoes persue the matter further honestly if he didn have the behaviour traits that he has now adopted the pup wud probably be beta of aw3ay from these people as there prob more to blame for its behaviour and as for the trainor im appalled that he told them to get rid is that not what he is trained in and paid for to help rectify the problem not just pass the buck to some one else to sort ie yourself
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 07:29 PM
So where's a picture of the little chap then!! Hope he does well for you.
Becky
vansansboxers
New Member!
Female 

17-01-2007, 09:13 PM
I will be putting a picture of him as soon as i can figure out how
Meg
Supervisor

17-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by vansansboxers View Post
I will be putting a picture of him as soon as i can figure out how
Hi Sandy I am looking forward to the pictures.

Although the events have been upsetting for you, the people really did you a favour by returning the puppy. Now you have the satisfaction of knowing your lovely little boxer boy is in safe hands and in a home where he will be loved
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >