Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2004, 09:09 AM

Manners... and lack of....

Does anyone else get driven potty by the amount of rude people in the world?

I am sick to death of opening doors for people only for them to waltz through like Im their personal slave without a thankyou..
also when you flash a car through on the road when theres only room for one of you to pass and they dont say thankyou either...

Its really driving me mad today- feel like that film with Michael Douglas in when he flips when he cant get home in time- what was it called??

I better stay out the way today- ignorant people are really getting on my nerves
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2004, 09:15 AM
I know what you mean Lel!

I've been brought up to be polite, say please/thankyou etc.

When I hold a door open for someone, and they don't say thankyou, I say Thankyou to them, in a really sarcastic voice! It usually gets their attention, and sometimes they even remember to thank me!
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2004, 09:17 AM
I do that too

how hard is it to say please and thankyou for gods sake Even a smile would do if it hurts that much to open their gobs
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-10-2004, 09:18 AM
Yep I hate that too Lel

Only yesterday I was shopping in Asda standing at the back of a very long queue waiting for the checkout, an elderly lady was stood in front of me and I presumed she was with the guy with the trolley in front of her, I got to the checkout and was just about to put my shopping on when she turned to me and said 'Oh no I'm next, I'm just waiting for my husband to bring the shopping over!' I then was pushed out of the way and given a most horrible look from the husband for me being so cheeky as to put my shopping on before he had returned I had waited in this queue for at least 15 minutes before he arrived and had no idea he was busy doing all the shopping whilst his wife reserved him a space in the queue!

I also hate when I've been waiting on a parking space and someone just drives in with a smug look from the other side!!!! Ooooooo that one really gets on my nerves!!!!!
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2004, 09:23 AM
ooo what a cheek..... should have ran the trolley into the back of her legs
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2004, 09:25 AM
I hate it when I park the car in a disabled space, and get out, and people tut at me and give me dirty looks because i'm young, and don't look disabled!
Thats probably one of the rudest things!
If they just asked me, i'd explain happily!

I also hate it when you go into a shop, and your egtting served, and the person serving you doesn't look/talk to you, just carries on chatting to the other assistant! They don't even say thanks or bye when you are leaving!
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2004, 09:31 AM
oooo yes the shop girls another one !!!!!!!!

I shouldnt read these- they just make me worse!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2004, 09:33 AM
I took a friend of mine to the hospital and were waiting for a parking space, someone came the wrong way up the system and she got peeved with me cos I got in a parking spot she wanted. She was that angry she nearly took the front end off my car

I just think that these days, everyone is too busy rushing around to remember the little things like 'please' and 'thankyou' and unfortunately it's being (or rather NOT) being passed down to the children. It is a very sad and rude world we live in these days :smt009
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2004, 09:50 AM
well my two would get a clip round the ear if they didnt say please and thankyou
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2004, 09:55 AM
Same here Lel. My kids have been laffed at because they say please and thankyou to us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >