View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2006, 02:50 PM
I watched it and thought it was quite good ,the only thing that was a bit annoying was every time Benji heard the dogs on TV barking it would start him off too
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-03-2006, 03:19 PM
i didnt think it was as good as its me or thdog to be honest and that army bloke what a joke! honestly i wasnt that impressed.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 05:49 PM
for anyone who missed it, its on again.

Mon 13 Mar at 21:00 on BBC Three
Tue 14 Mar at 00:00 on BBC Three
Thu 16 Mar at 00:55 on BBC Three

bit stupid times to be repeated, but hey.

thought it was really good, but thought the pressups were a bit pointless and think the owner would probably have done better with some positive reinforcement and not punishment! but hey! lol.
Mic Martin
New Member!
Male 

08-03-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1
Did anyone catch this last night?
It was on at 9pm, it's on again next week!
I thought it was pretty good...great Weimaraner (spelling/!!!!!!) called Henry!
Thought the trainers were all great but did wonder about the press ups!

Dear all and especially to Ailsa, this Mic Martin One of the trainers on Dog Borstal
I would like to reply to your forum as although I am being criticised which I don't mind had that most of my life, none of you are being abusive as on other sites with me now being branded a Homophobic bully.

This is what Robert Alleyne the behaviourist on the show wrote today,

I know that many of you were concerned by Mic Martin making owners do push-ups and punishments. In all honesty, so was I when I met him and saw how he trained. I had never met him before, and like most of you, I thought he was just a bully. So I asked him about it. What he said was that these dog owners will want him to punish their dogs if they screw up. They will also want to punish the dogs themselves if they screw up. But what punishment does the owner expect to receive if they fail the dog or screw up? None at all. So what he does is teach them that they are no less deserving of punishment for failing than the dog is. When he explained it that way, I understood why he does it that way.

So if the handler forgets his toy, forgets to clean the kennel forgets to give it fresh water, doesn't pick up his poo, forgets simple commands and confuses the dog he's getting punished.

If I make a mistake I too get the punishments (You'll have to watch)

Remember that we were being asked questions by the director and we were answering those questions of the forty plus times I spoke about or to the handler I perhaps mentioned the word gay three times you saw all three.

Over 30 hours of filming (just me) week one we used twenty minutes.

I loved the experience and although its edit doesn't show I got on alright with Dale and we had a great laugh, when the mike was off him he asked some really good questions about behaviour crate training agility, and dogs diet.

In weeks to come it gets a lot harder this was my easy week.

Keep an open mind and remember it TV.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 09:19 PM
its nice to see some feedback about the actual show.
perhaps you should have said on the show why you train that way as it wasnt explained and therefore left open to interpretation.

i enjoyed the show and will be watchin it next week. How long is it on for?
geordieboxerlover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2006, 09:28 PM
well i never seen it but will make sure i see the repeats that jen so kindly posted
this is to mick tho ..having read your reply i just wonder why you say (q)Keep an open mind and remember it TV.(unq)
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Ohh i'm definately gonna watch it-sounds interesting.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

09-03-2006, 03:51 AM
When is this on? (and what channel?!) Will have to keep a look out for it!
(edited to add... I should have looked at the title! BBC3! I cant get digital here tho.. I miss all the good programs!)

Off topic or chat posts merged:

Mic.. are you the same Mic Martin that did the video for The lost Brothers (Cry little Sister) with the Alaskan Malimute (where it's meant to be a wolf)?

-end-
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 08:15 AM
I enjoyed the programme and I certainly did not think that trainer came across as homophobic. In fact he went to great pains to explain to the guy his methods of training and I thought although doing press ups seemed a bit extreme his methods worked on the dog.

That dog started behaving very well indeed after only mins of this guys help!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Hi Mick!!!
I didn't for one minute think you were homophobic, if I had I'd have said so and wouldn't have been so into the programme. I can understand your reasons for making the man do press ups, to be honest, I just got the impression he didn't really want to be there and wondered why he was!
I'm so sorry you're being branded as a homophobic bully on other forums ( where are all these other, horrid, unfriendly forums I keep hearing about?!!!!! So glad I found DW first). Thanks for responding Mick, it's good to hear your side!
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »