View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 12:46 PM
I use Dogmatic headcollars - although I have one of the new webbing ones I haven't actually tried it out yet (it seems very thin for a dog of NI size). I much prefer the original leather ones as they fit perfectly and providing the leather is treated regularly to keep it soft they should last for years.

I am a bit curious as to how dogs are slipping out of headcollars - although the manufacturers say to use them on their own I always use a half check collar, which hangs loose and there is enough length of chain to allow the lead to be attached to the collar and the headcollar - for safetys sake.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Your right Sandra, the webbed dogmatics shouldnt be recommended for larger dogs they are very flimsy. Its held together with a thin piece of rubber under the fine fabric. My cobbler had a look at it and instantly said it was weak and couldnt be repaired. Im sure I have consumer rights dont you think?
Scottish Mags
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Luz,
I bought the leather one for Shanook and its great . I then got the webbing one ,I agree it looks flimsy as well as the little buckle on it. t takes me ages to get it on Dogmatic said it was tested and should be strong enough. I use a halti chain on mine that holds to the collar bit am thinking of using the half check chain that attatch to the collar on them instead of the halti strap.
I agree they shouldnt be selling then for BIG STRONG dogs , they do advertise that MOST dogs cant get out. I would certainly be taking the matter up eith them again as this is not right. They should exchange it for a leather one and you pay the extre. Luz ...keep phoning them till they do what you say . TEll them that you will advertise on all forums their bad policy.
Wish you luck
I am sorry I ordered the webbing one as well ...just prettier but thats not for our dogs ..We need to tell Dogmatic about this. The buckle on the Leather one is a lot stronger and so is the whole thing
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 03:47 PM
I have been back and forward with Dogmatic over this collar, its ridiculous they have sent it back to me twice and claim its been chewed. Its a definate tear in the exact place the ring for the lead goes, I told the owner of dogmatic that our dogs dont have delicate teeth and couldnt make such a tiny tear with her big mouth. I have stopped payment with the credit card company and they are going to investigate for me.
I opened the package and put the collar on her, she never once put it in her mouth. Its so annoying I feel Im being called a liar.
doggy mad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2006, 06:14 PM
canny collar for me its great would highly recommend doesnt pull over the eyes at all
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Canny Collar

Defiantely the BEST ever in my opinion.. Seiko being a "sled dog" pulls like a train mainly cos I never trained him not to..

I tried a Halti.. he didn't like being pulled from under his chin
Gentle Leader...Same and it used to ride up in his eyes

canny Collar changed him into a different dog from Walk 1..it is fab, doens't ride up can't slip out cos its a collar, and best of all it doesn't pull his neck around as the lead clips on at the back of the neck..
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Gentle leader for me. But i haven't tried the dogmatic so i don't know which one i would prefer!
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Have tried the Dogmatic(leather) and found it very good but hector hates it, so I now use a CANNY COLLAR. Its brilliant. But I need a bigger size now.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Havent seen Canny collars, where do you get them from?
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2006, 01:25 PM
www.cannyco.co.uk
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >