Female 

21-02-2018, 07:55 PM

Aggressive female dog.

Rookie poo
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-02-2018, 08:37 PM
Firstly neutering an aggressive female does not calm them down, don't believe everything you read on line. In fact neutering an aggressive female could well make the problem worse. Messing with her hormones isn't the best idea but too late it's done now.
If you live in separate houses surely you can keep them separate and your Mil can take care of her own dog.
She needs training, starting with the basics and practice until she is reliable with those commands.
Resource guarding is relatively easy to control and manage until she is better trained, make use of doors and gates and even erect some fences so that the two dogs can be kept apart.
Open your eyes if your dog can't be trusted around children she isn't as sweet and great as you would like us to believe. She can't even be trusted around adults.
deyannabanana
New Member!
Female 

21-02-2018, 09:09 PM
Pickenwixkle
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

21-02-2018, 09:23 PM
I did read your entire post actually and it was quite hard work trying to pick out the salient points. I've had a dog with similar issues and turned her around completely but what do I know. All dogs can be taught to a certain degree. I think you need a lot of advice and probably the input of a behaviourist. Seeing as my post was so unhelpful I'll leave you to get on with it, Bye.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-02-2018, 11:01 PM
Just about the worst training method that you could have picked for a nervous and abused dog is an electronic collar, and to support Trouble, you do say that she as bitten her carer, so she cannot be described as sweet and great. Quite possibly due to her less than satisfactory start in life, Charlie sounds like a nervous and reactive dog which has been in need of qualified remedial training from the start. I would echo Trouble's advice, and suggest that you seek out either a positive methodology trainer, or a behaviourist.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2018, 06:44 AM
What on earth does Pickenwixkle mean?

As someone who has used an e collar in the past for a separate problem I can categorically say that the very worst thing you could have done was to use an e collar in the circumstances you describe.
Carole
Supervisor

22-02-2018, 06:54 AM
Thread locked as member has removed their question and reply.
Closed Thread