Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chanceismydog
New Member!
Female 

15-02-2018, 01:53 PM

Meet and greet

So everyone we bring a new dig over to play w chance* my husky akita mix*

Chance is so excited to play and run around but it's mostly him trying to jump on the other dog. He is fixed and he's not aggressive but it does seem like he is trying to mount him/her. Should I let it play our or stop him? Obviously the other dog tells him to back off *again not aggressive* but chance just seems to be pestering the guest.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Juat keep an eye in case it gets out of hand. Just because he has been neutered doesn't stop him from feeling fruity at times. Lets face it if a human has had the snip they don't stop do they? Just can't make babies any more. In my experience with having trained lots of dogs with owners over many years, dogs that have been neutered, male and female, give of more mixed messages than dogs that haven't been neutered. All it does is stop unwanted pregnancies. So the behaviour has to be monitored and intervention if the 'play' gets out of hand.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-02-2018, 10:48 PM
Mounting is frequently just a sign of excitement, my female black Pug is forever trying to hump the others. I'd keep a watchful eye on their rough play and ensure they stop when you say so, they can go back to playing again as long as you can interrupt them at will.