Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2004, 04:40 PM

Ring Craft

Well off to my lads 3rd ringcraft class tonight, they also hold a match at the same time but think I will give that one a miss. Having just changed my mind how I want to present him in the ring (no wonder he is confused ) so this one is more for me than him. Lets hope it is not too much of an embarassment and that he will :smt115 by the end of the night at the moment he looks totaly blank when I try to stand him.

Bet most of you wonder what the hell I'm talking about, your not alone, have trouble myself some times :smt017
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2004, 08:14 AM
Well I know I am talking to myself, but need to let this out, went to the ringcraft, pup behaved reasonable until he dived in front of me and I fell head long. ops: Apart from feeling a fool I now feel very sore, the pup, well he got off scott free, thank goodness. Must add more water next time
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-04-2004, 08:24 AM
You and me both, I was head butted yesterday by Star, now have a sore nose and burst mouth Dogs can be a liability at times.

Did you enjoy your ringcraft class though?
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2004, 08:41 AM
Did you enjoy your ringcraft class though?
Well to be brutally honest no, I am no light weight and my knees and boobs took the brunt of it and it took a while for me to recover, did get a cup of tea though and the pup was ever so well behaved after. Would not recommend it as a training method, still prefer the clicker
Carole
Supervisor

28-04-2004, 08:46 AM
Can you use a clicker to train dogs to walk to heel, or at least without pulling?
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2004, 09:56 AM
Yes you can but I am not a good person to explain how as I have never tried to get my dogs to walk to heel but I have seen it used and it does work, think I have a booklett some where and if I can find it I'll will tell you what it says.
Carole
Supervisor

28-04-2004, 10:05 AM
Thanks,

I just want Star to walk without pulling so hard. Its really only when she is going to the park or somewhere exiting she recognises the route we are taking.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Carol, sure you must have said but what breed or Xbreed is she? From the avatar I can't tell, it looks like a Dane but with out being able to tell the size it is difficult to tell
Carole
Supervisor

28-04-2004, 10:21 AM
Shes a boxer
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2004, 11:28 AM
Sorry, yes she looks just like a boxer now I know. Well I will have a think and get back to you if any :smt115 dawns. Have to say I am not a trainer and can only talk from my own experience, but happy to tell you what I would try. Off to have a think and cook the lunch
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >