View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Oh DO try to keep up Kruse lol! (PS - I put it down to me being thick when I got confused by the breed thingie lol!)

It's a no brainer to me. Although I can understand why the original poster would like to hear some more encouraging stuff or have someone wave a wand.

If home is under imminent threat too - further problems with owning 3 large dogs are looming no doubt.

Put the DOGS' WELFARE FIRST. Not how much you'd miss one or the other of them.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2012, 08:58 PM
I've learned something from this thread. That bitches will fight to the death. I was really surprised to read that (thinking male dogs were naturally more aggressive etc.)

Been googling it and it is apparently common knowledge (that somehow passed me by - as has so much other knowledge!)

Some interesting stuff on the subject of same sex dogs fighting here:
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=2303

I can't believe I knew NOTHING about all this until now?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I've learned something from this thread. That bitches will fight to the death. I was really surprised to read that (thinking male dogs were naturally more aggressive etc.)

Been googling it and it is apparently common knowledge (that somehow passed me by - as has so much other knowledge!)

Some interesting stuff on the subject of same sex dogs fighting here:
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=2303

I can't believe I knew NOTHING about all this until now?
Typical women

I agree with others, if your having probs with your home etc and bitches are fighting....re-home one before there is a blood bath
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2012, 09:20 PM
There's a saying about how dogs fight for the right to breed but bitches fight for the right to breathe. Someone said they're not called bitches for nothing
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Yes apparently male dogs have an easier time sorting out a hierarchy than bitches do?

I am off to bed! 2hrs later here wot the 'ell am I doing reading up on bitch fights!

Nite all!

Oh and youngstevie - I used to know EVERYTHING there was to know in my youth lol!

However, as I get older, there has been an alarming INCREASE in the number of things I know NOTHING about!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Yes apparently male dogs have an easier time sorting out a hierarchy than bitches do?

I am off to bed! 2hrs later here wot the 'ell am I doing reading up on bitch fights!

Nite all!

Oh and youngstevie - I used to know EVERYTHING there was to know in my youth lol!

However, as I get older, there has been an alarming INCREASE in the number of things I know NOTHING about!
your not alone there hun
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 08:27 AM
A friend and I walked our dogs together for 2 years with no incident. Then one bitch looked at the other `in a funny way` I assume and all hell broke loose.
They had politely ignored each other up to that point. The fight was the most savage I`ve ever seen and I lost a finger in the process. Handbags were not involved. Deep puncture wounds to the throat were.
This is not something that can be taken lightly.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Well Claire&Daisy you obviously KNOW what you are talking about and I hope the original poster sees your post and takes heed of your words.

I've now read so much stuff that confirms what you say.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Oh DO try to keep up Kruse lol! (PS - I put it down to me being thick when I got confused by the breed thingie lol!)

It's a no brainer to me. Although I can understand why the original poster would like to hear some more encouraging stuff or have someone wave a wand.

If home is under imminent threat too - further problems with owning 3 large dogs are looming no doubt.

Put the DOGS' WELFARE FIRST. Not how much you'd miss one or the other of them.
twasnt that sort of confusion
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
With 2 bitches?
Rehome one.
Before one kills the other.
Totally agree - bitch fights are virtually always far worse to resolve than dog fights. There is probably nothing wrong per se with either bitch, they just do not like each other and it could be better for their sakes to separate them permanently by rehoming one.
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »