View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2004, 03:47 PM
I agree those people don't deserve a refund, they should be paying you to take him. There should be a buyer's blacklist where bad buyers are listed for all breeders to see. Good luck with the puppy, I wish you all the best with him.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

13-08-2004, 04:58 PM
Hi all sorry i didnt make myself very clear! I wasnt suggesting offering a refund but saying (without saying) just what you have said, that people who don't follow proper advice and don't train their dog or bring up a dog incorrectly, do not deserve a refund. Thats why I said 'forward whatever you get for the pup' even if that was only £20... get my drift?

Babs - re the blacklist.. it's one of those things I think where people should have to sit an exam before being allowed to keep a dog! In fact I think its a brilliant idea we us guys here on Dogwe devise an exam which would show whether a person is fit to keep a dog or not! Whos up for it?! Questions and multiple choice answers are probably the best. Anyone think this is a good idea?!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Good idea, even though I'm sure I would fail miserably!

DD, hope you get the puppy home, and that everything works out.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2004, 08:41 PM
Well DD how's the pup settling in and for heavens sake what is his name? can't call him the pup for ever!
Karen
Dozeydanes
Dogsey Senior

13-08-2004, 10:29 PM
There was a genuine reason for Boycie's behaviour and he was pts this evening. We are all in shock and I will go into details later.

I totally apologise for my mis-guided comments about his owners but the whole truth did not come out until I saw them.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2004, 10:41 PM
Oh DD, I'm so sorry
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-08-2004, 11:17 PM
What a dreadful shame DD and how very upsetting to have that happen to one of your 'babies' . Whatever the reason for the problem (and I guess from the tone of your last post there are 'health implications') I think the purchaser of the puppy had a duty to keep you fully informed and to discuss with you any problems that occured. You say your comments were 'misguided' but that is not your fault if you were not made aware of all the facts. (((((((big hug DD ))))))))
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-08-2004, 02:11 AM
So very sorry to hear that DD. Whatever happened?
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2004, 08:10 AM
Sorry to hear that DD
Dozeydanes
Dogsey Senior

14-08-2004, 09:17 AM
I still can't believe what has happened to Boycie but I will try and explain without making this post too long.

His owners arrived and we stood talking in the stable yard Boycie was good and just looking around. I asked as many questions as possible to fully understand what he did in certain situations and what steps they had made to correct him. His owners said yesterday was a good day and he had not shown any aggression but some days he is terrible growling at even them, as if he had a split personality. Alarm bells started to ring in my head. We put in the kennel and he was fine and we stood outside talking, then suddenly he growled at me. I stepped back and this is how he behaves when he has a bad day, as I approached the gate he launched himself at it trying to get over. My kennel fences and gates are six foot high. I am not frightened of dogs but have a healthy respect for what could do to somebody, but this truely scared me and I told them that I thought there was nothing that could be done, I then heard my friend who owns our farm and asked her to come and give an opinion. Boycie again went mad at her and she instantly said what had to be done. Sally is a very forthright person and speaks her mind that is why I wanted her opinion as well I didn't want the owners to think I was trying to get out of my responsibilities as a breeder.

I phoned my vet, we talked at length and Boycie was taken to the surgery, he was also in agreement when he saw his behaviour.

Apparently poor Boycie probably had a brain tumor which has a one in a million chance of happening and no body knows why and there is no cure.

It was not a nice experience as even under heavy sedation and muzzled he was trying to attack.

He left us at 8.40 last night.

I feel I have let this couple down although there was nothing that could have been done and it would have happened to him anyway. They were livvg with a time bomb waiting to go off, but his behaviour was not totally explained to me and I just thought nervous dog needs to be socalised more.

Sorry this is so long but it took a lot of explaining.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >