Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 10:27 AM

Peeing/marking in PaH

I had Mia in PaH on her own yesterday for a bit more socalisation - and as there is now a vets in there I thought this might be a good vets for her as the waiting room is more open so we can hide from scary dogs

She was a star, sweetly mugging old ladies for treats and calmly saying hello to little children
I kept her as far away from the rabbits as I could - as I dont want them stressed, and she was really great until one went up on its back legs to have a look at her, I felt the grumble rising and walked her away - no tantrum

The only thing was she peed on the floor, when we were in a bit by ourselves and she was sniffing toys she peed on the floor
- this was before the rabit incident

I guess she was a little stressed? trying to make it smell a little more like her?
She has been totaly clean since I got her, accidents by the backdoor all of about twice in the first week

any ideas what I can do here? I think its a great place to take her, she was really loving it - but of course I cant have her peeing in there
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Chances are, hundreds of other dogs have peed there before her and she's just doing what plenty of other dogs would do! Casper did it in our local petshop the other month and when I went to grab some kitchen roll (I used to work there so know they keep a roll under the counter), my friend who works there told me that another dog had weed in the same spot literally 5 minutes before - which explained that as Casper's not really one to cock his leg just anywhere but has a habit of marking where Kiki's just been.
Jofelicia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2011, 10:35 AM
My little dog cocks his leg all the time when we are out!

It started when he was about 6 months and became a real problem because he was doing it all over the house. We thought that when he was castrated this would help and to a certain extent it did, in the house at least. Out on walks is a different matter!!

We regularly go into our local pet shop and if I don't watch him he will cock his leg in there. I live in a little touristy fishing village and there are often gift shops with baskets of stuff outside which will get piddled on if I don't watch!

If I get a new dog bed, the same, as well as anything new in the garden!!

I guess he is just a piddler!! Anyway, sorry I can't offer any advice but it is probably nothing to worry about!! Just practice your sorry face a lot and be prepared to be handy with a mop!!
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 10:42 AM
I have to keep Jobie away from the food aisle in P@h or he will cock his leg up the bags of food Thankfully the staff seem used to it!! He doesn't do it anywhere else though so I put it down to marking where other dogs have been. Maybe try keeping her away from the toys?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Thankyou guys, I guess you are right that place must smell like a big toilet
I had taken her for a pee before we went in but I forget, Ben pees totaly and Mia marks - my crazy mixed up dogs

Also interested to see when she met Brodie, her big lab boyfriend she did a little submissive wee - so tiny I only noticed cos of the inside floors
My big agressive domonant girl
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Jack did it once in there! Must have been the smell of all the other dogs that had been in there before us.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 12:09 PM
There are definately previous dogs whom have pee'd as you can see the faint stains on the ends of the aisles in our PAH lol
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Merlin will mark in PAH as well (on the rare occasions we ever go to one). He will only do it to overmark another dog's message, though.

He once wee'd up a coat in a charity shop, but I got off with that cos the staff like him, and I explained another dog must have marked it first!