Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
Success!!!!

I was unsure whether to take her for a walk, i didnt want to push her too much, but with her not toileting, I felt i had no choice....and what a good choice it was!

Took her for a short trip in the car with the others to a quiet field and within minutes she had done a HUGE dump and a little wee. I think maybe she is a bit dehydrated hence why only a small tiddle.

We walked around the field and the other 3 occasionally came over and said hello nicely to her and she even broke into a run for a few strides...then laid down
She had a big drink of water when we got back to the car.

She is SO unfit, and it was a shock walking at bassett pace I hope she speeds up a little when she gets fitter!!

She even had a wander around the garden when we got back, and is now sleeping it off in her crate, processing it all no doubt.

Sounds like she is coming on well. At the moment, it's all such a big change for her, but her little excursion today will have helped her especially as she's getting to know your other dogs without feeling penned in or threatened by them.

Now that she's slowly exploring the garden, it's another positive step in the right direction.

She'll get there - given that all important space and time to settle in.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Since piglet arrived, my cat has been saying hello and rubbing herself up and down piglet, pig just laid there and seemed to ignore it.
Well, piglet has obviously settled in now and is brave! The cat came in the door and pig just launched for her, it was a full on attempt at attacking her, i managed to get my arm in between and got quite a nasty bite from pig. I do believe she didnt intend to bite me, she had a mouthful of cat fur too, and to top it off i bore the brunt of the cats claws

The cat does live upstairs mainly and only comes downstairs to use the door to get out (my other dogs stalk her).
Any advice/ideas of how to work this out....i dont expect her to be perfect with the cat but would like her to eventually get to the point where she doesnt actually want to kill her.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 06:47 PM
clicker?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R88X9VhTBSw

their personalities really change as they settle in - hopefully you can get things sorted really quickly and everyone can live in peace
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 07:39 PM
My last but 1 foster went to his new home and tried to attack their older cat to start with but after a week or so of stopping him going after it they sorted the problem out so it is possible the fast movement seems to trigger excitement/chasing or did in my beagles case they never hurt the cats though just pinned them down sometimes, to sniff at them much to the cats disgust! I'm afraid you're going to need eyes in the back of your head for a while and try to monitor any time they are in the same room together,keep them seperate if you are not there. As she likes food maybe leash her while the cat is about and if she goes to get the cat correct her and treat if she leaves the cat alone? good luck.x
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3