Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2011, 10:46 AM

The best ball on a rope toy I have found

http://dog-games-shop.co.uk/dog-toys...g-tug-toy.html

I already have the frisbees and I was waiting until they put their balls on a rope, and now I have one, fantastic, it floats, and is light, great toy (well my dog thinks so)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Oh I like the look of those, mainly because I don't like that loop you get with the Orbi ones, I usually end up cutting that and knotting both ends, but these just have the one bit of rope, I'm off to buy one of these now, so thanks for that link. Great that it floats too! I wish it squeaked coz I'd have the big one for indoors, but you can't have it all I suppose!
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Wouldn't be any good for mine, toys here need to be either indestructible or very cheap.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
Wouldn't be any good for mine, toys here need to be either indestructible or very cheap.
Or not left unattended

I've had the same ball on a rope, well 3 of them actually for 6 years now, I just replace the rope when it gets manky and make sure the dogs are never left to entertain themselves with them. Or Diesel would chew the rope off and then destroy the ball floating isn't an issue cos Rio will just go underwater to retrieve them .
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2011, 12:55 PM
With Simon, it doesn't matter if I am in attendance.

Jake isn't bad, but Simon can destroy a toy in the time it takes to trot back to me with it.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm going to order one as I think this will make a super reward toy
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
With Simon, it doesn't matter if I am in attendance.

Jake isn't bad, but Simon can destroy a toy in the time it takes to trot back to me with it.
Ditto this! I spent a fortune on different balls then drove miles to track down a certain kind of ball that I'd accidentally stumbled on in a local petshop - they couldn't order any more in so I tracked down the manufacturer to get a list of places that did stock it then bought nearly all the balls they had on the shelf Kiki's finally managed to destroy one of them but I've got about another 10 to go
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Mace has a ball rope toy thing, but the ball is a hard rubber ball.. He also had a rubber ring attached to rope but he chewed the rope off

rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Etta got one of those for christmas but Champa has it mainly---I love that it floats as I am always short of larger floaty toys----the little foam balls are OK for Etta but too small for the others.

rune
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2011, 05:25 PM
the large foam ball is plenty large enough for my GSD bigger than normal size and as for destruction, well ANYTHING can be destroyed if left alone, but I have had the foam frisbees for circa 3 years and my seek and destroy GSD has not destroyed these but of course he is NEVER left alone with them, they are only for use when I am throwing, that is the beauty of these balls, as they are foam they don't deteriorate like rubber.

These toys made my starmark are very popular with the Schutzhund/Mondioring/Ring sport handlers on the Continent who have dogs with more powerful and exercised jaws than the average dog........
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »