View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2010, 05:31 PM
A well done Cain!! I think your Mum's very proud of you, and so she should be! (and should be proud of herself too)

Helena, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that its acceptable for Zena to be like that with dogs BUT I don't actually think she was totally out of order there either. If they were all off lead and happy to approach one another then why should she take being snapped at?! She was just saying, 'Iv had enough of that you (by the sounds of it) spoilt brat!'

I know its not to be encouraged as you dont want situations to escalate, but she sounds like she'd just had enough of that!

There is a big male GSD that sometimes takes himself for a walk where we go, he can be a bit on the bossy side and boistrous. After several walks of being approached and grumbled at, humped, you name it, Loui just had a right go (I stopped it every time - 2 males...) but I soon noticed that actually he was being very consistent, 'stop that nonesense!' and was allowing him to be 'around' just not taking his crap! The GSD is now a bit wary of him but they will actually run together (as long as he behaves himself lol) and the last time he was around, gave Loui lots of space and was very politley trying to play with my Loui (actually think thats really sweet)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Thanks Dobermann, this has been an ongoing process for us, and just as I thought she was over it, she lets me down again. The only reason I didn't recall her as we approached them (yes, we were ALL offlead and they were coming towards me a few yards only ahead) was because I thought they had sorted it the last time we met, because we HAVE met since, when the dogs were with the daughter and Zena played with the youngster and the grey left her alone and she did likewise. What you have said, is exactly what I am finding out about Zena, if the other dog is friendly and respectful, all will be well, she will play, she will even let it floor her or grab her with its paws and she never, ever shows aggression, BUT, if something snaps at her first, then she goes off on one Like you say, she is entitled to do this, but it's highly embarrassing, although the other dog owner never blames their dog do they! I am soooooo glad that as we watched them running around us and saw that it lunged out to bite Zena as she went past, I had the opportunity of letting them know that it was in fact THEIR dog (yes, spoiled bratt!) that made the first move on both occassions, but thankfully Zena ignored this 2nd snap!

Next time I see them, I will be keeping Zena with me, until we get right up to them, and then hopefully that bladdy dog of theirs will lunge at her and I hope they see it!!!!

She was more than happy to sit there opposite me offlead, whilst I chatted with this couple, not taking a blind bit of notice of her nasty little dog, so if she really meant to hurt it, surely she would have taken that opportunity of getting back at it, but she didn't she just sat there waiting for me to finish my chat, that says it all for me quite honestly!

One of these days, when a dog "goes" for her, I'm blooming well gonna let her have her say back!!!! I once pulled her off a terrier, pulled her up by the scruff of her neck, and this terrier had its teeth firmly clasped in her throat and yet she had NO contact with it whatsoever!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 05:25 PM
that says it all for me quite honestly!
I think your quite right there. Sounds like maybe he acts like a spoiled bratt when he is with the one who spoils him! Perhaps he knows he cant go that far when the daughter has them out?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Louie has finally learnt "Stay" Ok so it;s took me a couple of days but he stays pretty well I'm so proud of him
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 06:25 PM
well done Louie

My Loui ignored a dog 'grumbling' at him, a dog lunging towards him and one who tried to jump on his back to day, all in one walk! He usually does but recently has discovered he can get a bit grumpy, so worth praising!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Louie has finally learnt "Stay" Ok so it;s took me a couple of days but he stays pretty well I'm so proud of him
Blooming 'eck, that's absolutely brilliant for two days I had to work on that one for aaaaages I remember, maybe every day for a few weeks until she actually would stay put no matter where I went! Well done you!

Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
well done Louie

My Loui ignored a dog 'grumbling' at him, a dog lunging towards him and one who tried to jump on his back to day, all in one walk! He usually does but recently has discovered he can get a bit grumpy, so worth praising!
Excellent! Definitely well worth praising!

As for me, yet another punch up here this morning All over that ball, which she always gives to other dogs, they run off with it, she normally doesn't care, but today a punch up ensued when they both went for it at the same time and it wouldn't let Zena get it first, that's not on (apparently!!!! ) Hey ho! Mind you, having said that, we met a goldie puppy with an older dog, a boxer puppy with an older dog, and a collie and all was FINE, tails wagging, everything was fine!

I've come to the conclusion that my Zena doesn't like older rescue dogs(especially Glaswegian ones, maybe it's the accent lol!), I've worked it out now having kept a log on the go here with who she does and doesn't like, so it seems, I'm ok with dogs that have been brought up from puppies who are with that one owner, hmmmmmm! I might have a bigger job on my hands than I thought here!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Oh, Zena, please give your Mummy a wee break?! LOL
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Blooming 'eck, that's absolutely brilliant for two days I had to work on that one for aaaaages I remember, maybe every day for a few weeks until she actually would stay put no matter where I went! Well done you!

Excellent! Definitely well worth praising!

As for me, yet another punch up here this morning All over that ball, which she always gives to other dogs, they run off with it, she normally doesn't care, but today a punch up ensued when they both went for it at the same time and it wouldn't let Zena get it first, that's not on (apparently!!!! ) Hey ho! Mind you, having said that, we met a goldie puppy with an older dog, a boxer puppy with an older dog, and a collie and all was FINE, tails wagging, everything was fine!

I've come to the conclusion that my Zena doesn't like older rescue dogs(especially Glaswegian ones, maybe it's the accent lol!), I've worked it out now having kept a log on the go here with who she does and doesn't like, so it seems, I'm ok with dogs that have been brought up from puppies who are with that one owner, hmmmmmm! I might have a bigger job on my hands than I thought here!

Well I failed with Sadie on stay but I trained her late, but she will stay off lead outside a shop and wait - if the door is open - no chance she likes to see me

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=136078

The second video you can see Louie staying in our room, but he's started to stay when I take the lead off and walk through the gate - of course I have to repeat it a lot but if he gets it - who cares. He also stays at the bottom of our jennel and today her stayed whilst Sadie ran past him, I dont make him stay for long because I use it as a game - he'll be a teen soon so if I dont get it right now - I'll be sinking lol and he is clever - he just acts stupid

Well done to your Louie - Dobermann - Benjie is the same - he;s still a work in progress and Well done to Zena - Sadie is a ball stealer lol but she'll take it back to their owner so they throw it again she's polite about it lol
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Sadie is a ball stealer lol but she'll take it back to their owner so they throw it again she's polite about it lol
LOL least shes nice about stealing their stuff then

I lost one of Lou's balls and gave him another...forgot about it then he started trying to get this ball out a spaniels mouth, I kept trying to show him his ball.....then when she dropped it - it was the one he lost days ago lol He knew it too
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
LOL least shes nice about stealing their stuff then

I lost one of Lou's balls and gave him another...forgot about it then he started trying to get this ball out a spaniels mouth, I kept trying to show him his ball.....then when she dropped it - it was the one he lost days ago lol He knew it too
Louie's best friend is a DdB and her owners previous DdB had her and this other woman looking all round this park for a ball and then her dog spat it out - with that mouth you would never have know she ahd the ball in her mouth lol

Just posted a couple of his training videos on the video section
Page 5 of 101 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 55 > Last »