Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 03:05 PM
What do you set the oven on? degrees please, I cant use gasmark
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2005, 07:36 AM
diced of the bone ham .. cheese . liver treats . my chicken crsips and my cheesy bics thats what i use
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2005, 07:46 AM
I use liver tried it for 1st time yesterday she loves it,also cheese,frankfurters,and natures menu treats come in little pouches,i tend to use something for a bout a week and then change them so she never knows what shes getting,will have a go at the liver cake,that sounds good,(for dogs)
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2005, 07:58 AM
Beef flavoured frolics, come in a big bag from any supermarket. It's also a complete food and smells like beefburgers, Cassie loves it.

By the way, the pickle joke made me laugh out loud...well it is Monday!
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-07-2005, 08:13 AM
It is a good idea when training to use treats of differing value. When you start to train a behaviour always use high value treats. Once your dog knows the behaviour then use high & low treats to improve performance. For example, once your dog knows what 'drop' means then a slow drop gets only a low value treat, a really fast 'splat' gets the treat your dog would sell his soul for. Then move on to 'treating' each exercise randomly with high-value treats. Do not reward every drop or whatever, just the really good ones. This encourages your dog to work harder for the reward - if you ask for a bit more your dog will give a bit more
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Don't treat mine at all
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
Beef flavoured frolics, come in a big bag from any supermarket. It's also a complete food and smells like beefburgers, Cassie loves it.

By the way, the pickle joke made me laugh out loud...well it is Monday!
Glad you found it funny...lol...I found it more funnt that it made you laugh out loud...LOL

SB that's what I do, I go out on walks with so many different little bags of treats in varying degrees of high to low value...I sometimes have my pockets so stuffed full, what with treats and poop bags etc, my pockets are always full with stuff for the dogs, what's really funny when you go someplace without them and you dig in your pocket for something and there is dog biscuits there...lol...That's when you know how much your life is all about your dogs!

Sweep, awww your kidding right!...Meanie! (but I know people have different ways, so I'm only kidding )
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Used to treat, but found it worked better for our dogs not to. They get lots of cuddles and praise though.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2005, 02:46 PM
With some that is all they need isn't it Sweep. I wish it was with mine...lol Sometimes mine that little extra!
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Totally agree - Just shows they are all different - what works for one doesn't always work for another, what ever suits, love them
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >