View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2010, 12:25 PM

I've turned myself into Trailer Trash lol!

Coz not only am I thinking of buying a log cabin or a chalet on the edge of the New Forest (not to live in, but to rent out and use some week-ends!!!), but I've just bought myself a gorgeous little Pathfinder Log Cabin for the garden so me and the doglets can enjoy the long summer days with them splashing about in the pool, and me with me feet up in the recliner in the lodge!!! Can't wait now!!!

Here is my log cabin for the garden, but I've got to wait 2 weeks for it, but that'll give Dave a couple of week-ends to lay the base for it:

The decking on the verrhanda comes with it, it's about 1 metre deep and big overhang will give us the shade, oh I can see it all now.........ahhhhhh roll on summer!

I might even get a proper pool dug out for the doglets, coz I have plenty of room out there, but the more I start filling it up, the less grass they'll have to run around on, but then again, the state of the grass with Zena doing zoomies all winter, it might not be a bad idea.

When I find my little static sanctuary in the New Forest I'll post up a pic, but I'm still searching atm, I need to find the right site, and Sandyballs is too much rent for the year, so I'm looking at another site right on the edge of the New Forest coz it's only an hour's drive for us.

I'm getting worried about my current state of mind wanting to spend time in little boxes out in the open, so if I decide to move my bed into that Lodge in the garden, I might need that van if somebody would be so kind!!!! Yep, definitely turned into trailer trash in me old age
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Oooohhhh that looks lovely.

A retreat mind Dave doesn't move in and take it over.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Hmmmmmmm Helena and trailer trash don't really go together beautiful backyard cabin
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2010, 03:25 PM
I love it!! I'm hoping then to get an invite to recline with you one day in the summer!!

As for trailer trash, well you're the highest class of it that I've ever met!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Oooohhhh that looks lovely.

A retreat mind Dave doesn't move in and take it over.
Lol, he's got his new workshop around the side and the big garage he built, so there's no way he's coming in here!!! Only dogs allowed Lynn!!!!

Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Hmmmmmmm Helena and trailer trash don't really go together beautiful backyard cabin
Lol, you might be surprised there Emma, I've got the gob to convince you!!!! I know them all off by heart now coz I kept changing my mind because of this and that, it had to have the double doors, not only for the fresh air, not being boxed in, but I need to keep a beady eye on the dogs, and that's exactly why I've got it! I find the dogs aren't happy to stay out in the garden without their mum, and because they enjoy splashing about so much in their pool, this way I can keep them out there to dry off lying in there or on the verrandha and keep my carpets a bit drier in the summer! Dogs should be outside in the fresh air, and yet old Georgie is always to be found lying on the kitchen floor by the back door (and I have to keep stepping over him!), so I'm killing more than two birds with one stone here, I want them to get used to being OUT, coz I have some lovely decking around the back, adjacent to the french doors which are always open with a massive big blind over the top, coming out of the wall, but where are they??? Under my bladdy feet again!!!! That'll all change this summer

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
I love it!! I'm hoping then to get an invite to recline with you one day in the summer!!

As for trailer trash, well you're the highest class of it that I've ever met!!
Oh that's for sure Claire, I'll be needing some friends to pop in for coffee and relax out there with me, and you're definitely one of them!!! Not forgetting Dylan and Lil's of course, they're invited too!!! Isn't it great, I love that big overhang at the front and it will more than enhance that big,empty garden, along with my little green potting shed of course, which never gets any pots in it coz I don't do gardening, it does itself!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh that's for sure Claire, I'll be needing some friends to pop in for coffee and relax out there with me, and you're definitely one of them!!! Not forgetting Dylan and Lil's of course, they're invited too!!! Isn't it great, I love that big overhang at the front and it will more than enhance that big,empty garden, along with my little green potting shed of course, which never gets any pots in it coz I don't do gardening, it does itself!
Oh I like the sound of that! Lily loves a paddle and Dylan will just love to potter around your garden with Georgie! It is gorgeous Helen, i used to wish for a similar looking one when I was a child. I wanted to live in it with my dog. Sadly I never got the summerhouse or the dog!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2010, 04:18 PM
I did too Claire, but at least I got the dog (not for long though when mum discovered howmuch hair they shed ), if not the summer house!!!

I suppose that's it really, I'm having that childhood I never had and I can have all the things I always wanted in it too!!!! All those shoes with high heels, all those big hairy dogs, a little wooden house (I'm gonna make it really nice in there, hang pictures and everything!!! ) I'll have another coffee machine out there too I think, and a supply of wine, a nice table and chairs for lunch (it's very big inside this house ya know!!!) Dave's going to rig up my electrics so I'll probably have some cool lighting in there too!! Oh the possibilities are endless, I'm sure I'm gonna move my bladdy bed in there eventually!!! The bad news is, I'm still opposte that Pub!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-03-2010, 04:29 PM
That's a lovely little log cabin for the garden H ad I'm sure Zena & Georgie will like to lie in the shade on hot days too. (Not sure if there'll be room for Dave too but I expect you'll give him a corner somewhere )

I must PM you (When I get a minute) about the static thingy 'cos that's on my list too but probably not this year, I'd like any info now 'tho so I know all about them when the time comes.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I'm gonna make it really nice in there, hang pictures and everything!!! ) I'll have another coffee machine out there too I think, and a supply of wine, a nice table and chairs for lunch (it's very big inside this house ya know!!!)
I see you've got your priorities right Will there be a 'Log Cabin House warming' party then Can I come
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2010, 04:35 PM
ah you dont qualify for TT lable with that lovely cabin, it would need to be more caravan than cabin

its very nice, I can just see you and the woos sunning yourself in the summer on the decking,
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >