View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 06:07 PM
I banked mine for my holiday and there was a thousand pounds - since banking that, I've started again and am up to £90. Love it!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 06:20 PM
That's great Vicki It's a brilliant idea, and we guessed we had about £300 in there, got quite excited that it was more than double that (thanks to Dave of course!)
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2010, 06:59 PM
I've only just picked up on this thread, but what a great idea!!!!

I'm starting it tomorrow......thanks for the inspiration!!!!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 07:18 PM
I shop online at Waitrose (I have a neck injury so lugging piles of food about to the car not the best thing to do).

I found out my electricity supplier do a discount scheme so I buy £500 worth of vouchers each month and I get 10 per cent free! That is £50 free each month which I am saving up for Christmas, except last week the hoover died on me so hubbie went to John Lewis to get a "Henry" one and used £100 of the vouchers but really it was for free!
Interestingly they had the same hoover at "Homebase" which is right near us but it was £2 more expensive and only had a 1 year guarantee whereas the John Lewis one had a 2 year guarantee. (no-I don't work for them before anyone asks!)

I don't spend all that money on food per month-Mum uses some of them so I will give her some of the "freebie" ones at Christmas-time.

You can use the vouchers for shopping online for food deliveries and they don't charge for delivering either.

P.S-they do other shops & supermarkets in the extra vouchers scheme and don't charge for posting them to you recorded delivery either.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 07:26 PM
I'm still going with this but don't know what we're upto as its a sealed tin! Trying to keep it for Xmas now definately a brilliant idea and one i'll do next year as well!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 07:29 PM
My problem is that I will change a note purposefully just so I can put the change in the tin....... typical me
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
My problem is that I will change a note purposefully just so I can put the change in the tin....... typical me
that wil be me too!!!!!
Shey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2010, 11:21 AM
What a great idea defo gonna try this one!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Seems it is a hit............glad everyone is having fun.
MadisonSale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-06-2011, 12:18 PM
just reviving an old thread, iv done something similar for the past 8 months or so now - i have a big jar that contains all my slummy (1's, 2's, 5's, 10's and 20p's) and £2 coins, because i don't get given £2 coins often, i really don't notice when they leave my pocket. counted it all up last week and i have nearly £200. hoping to go away on holiday next year so i think i'm going to have to step it up a gear to get enough !
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >