View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 06:40 PM
So whats Dave putting it aside for Helena???
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Nothing!!!! Dave doesn't do the spending bit, but I'm sure with a little help from you know who, I'll find something for him to spend it on!!! I can't believe he hasn't got the tin opener out yet, it's VERY heavy!!! I keep looking at it and trying to guess how much it holds, coz £10 of £1 coins is only small isn't it, and this tin is huuuuge!!! Oh I wanna cut it open now!!!!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Nothing!!!! Dave doesn't do the spending bit, but I'm sure with a little help from you know who, I'll find something for him to spend it on!!! I can't believe he hasn't got the tin opener out yet, it's VERY heavy!!! I keep looking at it and trying to guess how much it holds, coz £10 of £1 coins is only small isn't it, and this tin is huuuuge!!! Oh I wanna cut it open now!!!!!
You could put it towards your RR fund.....
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 07:00 PM
But...... at the end of the week don't you have to draw another £10 out of the bank?

You see, I budget so tightly drawing only what I need or using my credit card.
This way I'm leaving money in the bank, can't spend it and have my savings there for when I need it
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Since you posted this tip 2 or 3 years ago, Karen, I have followed it religiously. The first year I had enough for my Christmas shopping and the budget for Baz and I to get our gifts.

I now tend to put all coins away, and at the end of 2009, had almost £900. This year, which includes most of December when I restarted, I already have over £200

It's an excellent idea, and I don't really miss the money I put in. I also love counting it up every now and again to see how much I have - I think I'm a frustrated bank teller!

Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Since you posted this tip 2 or 3 years ago, Karen, I have followed it religiously. The first year I had enough for my Christmas shopping and the budget for Baz and I to get our gifts.

I now tend to put all coins away, and at the end of 2009, had almost £900. This year, which includes most of December when I restarted, I already have over £200

It's an excellent idea, and I don't really miss the money I put in. I also love counting it up every now and again to see how much I have - I think I'm a frustrated bank teller!

Good Lord one of my first disciples.... .....I must admit I don't miss it either. Also add the odd bits from my shopping to a "gift card" and that soon mounts up too...once you get into the habit you are hooked as I love counting it up too.........
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Tell you whats a not bad idea either is I round up the shopping amount ie if shopping comes to £26 I round up to £30 when in sainsburys and put the £4 on their "gift cards" the ones you buy at the till and load with money you can add any amount to the card you carry the top up bit with you and the bit of the card you need to spend it is safe in the house. You can add up to £750 to one card......I ended up with £312 on mine this year....but just rounding up when I had the spare change/ cash.You can add anything from a £1 upwards.

You get a balance everytime you top up too. I choose Sainsburys for this because this is where I mainly shop. You don't have to spend the card all in one time and no use by date.Then with the loyalty nectar card from them I ended up with £160 on that too. You get nectar points on every top up too .

Surprising how the £1.27 (to give you an idea) add up throughout the year. As if you shop like I do you think I've just spent £30 when I have spent £27 or something this way I just round it up. Add it to the card.

Hey presto
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 07:51 PM
And has it really been 2-3 years...WOW
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Tell you whats a not bad idea either is I round up the shopping amount ie if shopping comes to £26 I round up to £30 when in sainsburys and put the £4 on their "gift cards" the ones you buy at the till and load with money you can add any amount to the card you carry the top up bit with you and the bit of the card you need to spend it is safe in the house. You can add up to £750 to one card......I ended up with £312 on mine this year....but just rounding up when I had the spare change/ cash.You can add anything from a £1 upwards.

You get a balance everytime you top up too. I choose Sainsburys for this because this is where I mainly shop. You don't have to spend the card all in one time and no use by date.Then with the loyalty nectar card from them I ended up with £160 on that too. You get nectar points on every top up too .

Surprising how the £1.27 (to give you an idea) add up throughout the year. As if you shop like I do you think I've just spent £30 when I have spent £27 or something this way I just round it up. Add it to the card.

Hey presto
That's a brilliant idea too, Karen. I wonder if Tesco do a gift card?
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Great thread , thanks for the tips xxxx
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >