View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 07:17 AM
We are getting more consistant on paw and foot. I'm really pleased with how she is coming on and I think this shows what a wonderful tool clicker training can be! Hopefully get a vid of her tomorrow for you peeps!
Becky
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2009, 08:00 AM
Well Terra is a lot more consistant with the giving of the correct paw for each command (paw/foot) so I'd thought I'd teach her to go through a hoop. Then I thought, stupid woman you haven't even taught her to sit yet lol!
Hopefully will have a vid of her today and can't wait for the next challenge!
Becky
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2009, 08:04 AM
been sitting on the side lines with this one, while at the same time teaching Ben & Poppy, Ben got it almost imedialtly exept the touch still working on that, will post a vid later today. Poppy she is only at the giving a paw ...one paw she knows, that I know, that she knows what I want her to do, she just thinks..... what's the point

looking forward to next weeks lesson. not been using a clicker though can't get the hang of them

Elaine xxxx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2009, 08:19 AM
Don't give up with the clicker training it is a fantastic non-tonal method. It's no different to giving a treat or command at the right time. With all positive methods it is the timing of the click/command/treat that is crucial so if you can give a command on time you can click on time! Hope that makes sense lol!
I wish clicker training had been around when I first started out in dogs!
Becky
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Becky - can we have a 'results' thread for those who want to say how far they go and post photos/videos?

(I tried to video mine last night but my memory card was full and I'd left it too late in the evening to have the time to make some space on it )
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 09:42 AM
That sounds like a good idea! I'll start one but I haven't got a vid of Terra yet lol!
Becky
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Hi,

I can't do the video thing although we did try. I will try to get my Mom to take some photos of the dogs doing their tricks with me or Oscar.

Zane has mastered give paw, other paw, high 5, high 10, wave.

Elie - the same but she also knows hide,cross paws too.

Yiannis can do give paw, other paw (sometimes) and high 5 (usually with a slap in the face for me aftewards).

I'm going to keep working on these.

what's the trick for this week?

Laura xx
Page 11 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11