Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
My initial reaction (and I have to be honest here and say I haven't read the paper yet, only briefly scanned the first few paragraphs) is that the research in itself is flawed.

This is just my initial reaction. I have not read the paper in detail
...so you do have a copy of the paper then and are prepared to say 'the research is flawed' ..

I actually did take the trouble to explain I have only skimmed through the paper, I have NOT read it in detail.
...yes it seems you do have a copy of the paper..

That's unfair Jackbox ! I just haven't got the time at the moment to read the paper. I fully intend to, I was just merely pointing out that the little I had read made me very sceptical ... viz, the choice of subjects and some wildly inaccurate statements.
....yes you do have a copy of the paper,

Feral dogs though Wys. Not sure they are a good source of material. I have nothing against feral dogs, but they do not represent the "norm".

That's interesting, that there is a discussion with Casey & Blackwell at the end. I hope to get this paper printed off so I can read it, but I am doing half a dozen things at once today !
....perhaps you don't have the paper after all

Just catching up on the posts: I too have only read the abstract and am not prepared to put my hand in my pocket to buy the full paper as I am unemployed at the moment.
I don't think I am being biased (having not read the full paper) to come to this conclusion. Neither am I being negative, I am being very OBjective. Good science has to be based on good research, and I am unconvinced by the subject material of the research.
..mmmm it seems you don't have it after all..

I've got the full paper thanks to Labradork, but I just haven't had the time to sit down quietly and read it. It is chaos here .. and so HOT !! Not that I'm complaining.
..at last it seems you do have the paper now ..

I have read the paper in full and found it very interesting.
The content of the paper confirmed my own observations and conclusions about dogs and their behaviour arrived at after many years of working with dogs and observing them .
I hope to find time later to elaborate on some of the points made in the paper
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
...so you do have a copy of the paper then and are prepared to say 'the research is flawed' ..

...yes it seems you do have a copy of the paper..

....yes you do have a copy of the paper,

....perhaps you don't have the paper after all

..mmmm it seems you don't have it after all..

..at last it seems you do have the paper now ..

I have read the paper in full and found it very interesting.
The content of the paper confirmed my own observations and conclusions about dogs and their behaviour arrived at after many years of working with dogs and observing them .
I hope to find time later to elaborate on some of the points made in the paper
JEEZ ! Now I know I have gone mad !! I have the paper - this is true, it is printed off and sitting on the side in my kitchen. Labradork kindly emailed it to me a few days ago.

But for the life of me, I cannot recall reading it. I must have done, because I said I did. I think I should stop drinking, I really do. I know my memory is rubbish, but this is ridiculous !! When did I say I read it Mini ?? !!
Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 10 11 12 13