Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2009, 02:06 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
In case you might be interested, a friend of mine is off to Dorst this week-end on a training week-end, hotel, the lot, with her dog, but he's a flatcoat and she will be doing the gundog training which she does already, but this is a whole week-end of it. They do other types of training and if you like I'll get the contact details for you?
Yes please H. I think it would be very useful.

Since I last posted on here I cut back Zane's infomral, evening training to about 20 mionutes and he seems far more relaxed as a result fo that. He still has his moments and all the other training remained the same.

Someone asked about how much playtime with otheer dogs he gets. Well, he gets a walk in teh morning before I take Oscar to school and in the evening after dinner over the field near the little farm where we live. Then in the afternoons he gets but an hour or so, sometimes more in good weather but never less, to play with other dogs, my own dogs included and to go running abut snuffling in bushes etc.

Although he seems more relaxed he's also a complete loony. He has zoomies with iannis at about 1am EVERY morning. No idea why but it's driving me nuts. Still think it's funny though! (My neighbours aren't too impressed).

At the moment I'm applying for Zane to be trained as an assistance dog so he'll have something specific to focus on. If he's accepted, then he'll have to do a certain amount of training every day in certain things, but I'll substitute what I do with him now for the other training. There's only so much he can take (me too).

Laura xx
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3