Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-04-2009, 09:46 AM

My New Challenge

Last Friday after 10 years of office work, I took the plunge and handed in my notice at work.

I decided it was time to get out of the office and to make a go of something i really enjoy in life. I have started on an adventure of going self employed and starting my own dog walking business.

I am very happy to be leaving, but sad as i will miss many of my colleagues. Its such a big scary step that i have really quite traumatised myself with it all Does that sound silly seeing as i have put myself in the situation?

I just wanted to share really......as they say its good to talk
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 09:48 AM
No it's always scary doing something new but I wish you all the luck in the world. Life is too short to be in a job you don't like!
Becky
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 10:00 AM
I agree it can be scarey taking a different direction, But well done and I for one wish you every success xxxxxxxx
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Wishing you all the best !
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm sure that you will be succesfull in your new venture...good luck
Elainexxx
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Change is always scary but scary is good

Best of luck with this new adventure
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Good luck - I remeber that feeling when I tooki the plunge to full time self employment 3 years ago....its very scary.

I really hope it works for you
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Making such a big change to your life is always scary, but life is too short. Best of luck with your new business
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Good luck in your new venture, it sounds like fun and I'm sure you'll be a lot happier than stuck in the office and a lot fitter in the process!

Make sure you keep proper accounts, you can get a big red book from Smiths and log everything coming in and going out, simple as that, and keep every single receipt! Also make sure you get your self-employed stamps each week/month coz you'll regret it later on in life if you don't when your pension doesn't come up to scratch! Fill up ALL your local paper shop/pet shop window boards with a nice advert and you'll be well away! Good luck. I like to see somebody taking the plunge, I did it myself many a time and it's great fun!
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi
Thank you for all of the comments and advice.

I have my accountant at the ready with advice, and my leaflets printed and ready to go through letterboxes, into windows and noticeboards etc. The website is built and ready so now im just cooling my heels waiting to finish in the office so i can get going.

Haven't heard about the self employment stamps before so that is one to look into.

Thanks
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >