Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
blimey never heard of that second one being a designer breed wat did it look like?????????
I wish I had remembered to take my camera!

I hadn't heard of it either until today! I was tempted to ask she what she paid for it, just out of sheer curiosity but that may have led to the "designer" dog debate so I didn't bother! Anyway, whatever she paid for it, I bet it was in the hundreds! Whereas you can get many great crossbreeds for around £70odd from rescue centres, and that includes spaying and neutering etc!

I actually just thought it was a Pyrenean Mountain Dog before I asked her what it was! That's basically what it looked it.

They are taking this "designer" crossbreed lark too far, IMO.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 07:07 PM
We had British Gas here today moving radiators, the chap was telling us what a lovely Labradoodle he had, and how both parents were KC registered with excellent pedigrees, I just looked at the floor and kept my mouth shut.....Paul noticed I looked away, he said he was waiting for me to start ranting!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
We had British Gas here today moving radiators, the chap was telling us what a lovely Labradoodle he had, and how both parents were KC registered with excellent pedigrees, I just looked at the floor and kept my mouth shut.....Paul noticed I looked away, he said he was waiting for me to start ranting!
Almost beyond belief, isn't it? I say "almost" as you obviously get some some numpties out there!

I would usually rant, but I decided to keep it for the way home as I didn't want to ruin my day or anyone else's!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
Well said , I agree totally why dont they stick a designer label name on all the cross breeds in rescue, Then maybe the uneducated peopel who pay silly amounts of money for these designer pooches, Can not only save a fotune but they will be donating money to a rescue centre and given a rescue dog a new loven home instead of lining the pockets of designer dog breeders who imo are no better than byb or puppy farmers churning out ill bred cross breeds with ridicu;ous names to foolish people with more money than sense , Sorry rant over xxdk
Rant excepted......they will be getting colour to match shoes and handbags soon too.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 08:04 PM
lol blimey! i was looking online last night - couldnt sleep and came across a site selling labradoodles, and the price was Still up to £900!!!!!!! was one £1000!!!! thats crazy, i mean £250 isnt bad really i guess but thats crazy money!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 08:17 PM
I used to walk a little dog for a family. He was from an accidental litter, a shi tzu cross papillon ......i used to call him a shi tion! hehehe!
Border1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
Sorry but would have to have told him he bought a over priced cross and if he had gone to the local rescue he would have got one cheaper this issue makes me so mad that there are folk out there who will pay these stupid people for their crosses
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 08:28 PM
I think crosses and mongrels make great dogs but it amazes me the fast ones people get pulled on them.

I used to hear great ones when people brought their pups to puppy classes. One we had said the mum of their dog was a westie and the dad was a scottie so that made their dog a pedigree cairn terrier?! Work that one out. Think they paid £500 for it!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 08:32 PM
I was reading the adtrader today and they have CHORKIE pups in it for £450!!!

Chihuaua x yorkie!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
I was reading the adtrader today and they have CHORKIE pups in it for £450!!!

Chihuaua x yorkie!
Jeeso - it gets worse! That is really shocking, they obviously see poundsigns in their eyes!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the "designer" cross con is getting out of control now.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >