Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2009, 04:52 PM

Had a scare today - so annoyed!

I was out with my client's greyhounds today, I had them walking our normal route when I have to cross a busy road so I always cross at the pedestrian crossing. Pressed the button, and patiently waited, the wee green man came up and I started walking, was just over halfway across the road and the the traffic light was still at red, when this **** decided to go!! And one of the greyhounds went mental and started darting everywhere!!!! Luckily another lady came running over and took the other greyhound off me so I could clam down the other one! Then I noticed a police car whizzing past after the car that had gone through the red light blue lights flashing. And just in the distant I could see they had pulled him over! I just stood at the side of the road making sure the two of them were ok!

One of the police officer's walked up the road to see if we were ok and said they were a few cars behind when they had seen it all happening and they were going to be charging him with careless driving!! I said everyone was fine just a bit shocked! I had to give my details as they may need me when it goes to court but they doubt they will as they saw it happening!

Thank god for the lady who helped me I dread to think what could have happened.

I do wonder how some people got their licence's!!!
Lupus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2009, 05:04 PM
god how awful, we have drivers like that round here and they go across the crossings when we have kids in tow!!

I hope the charge the ****, people like that shouldn't be allowed to drive ..grr
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 06:08 PM
You are so lucky the police saw it! Hopefully he wont be doing that again in a hurry!!

Glad you and the dogs are ok x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Glad the lady and the Police were on hand.....hope your all ok now xxxxxxxxxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Oh dear, glad you are all alright.
Glad the police were in the right place at the right time.
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Yeah we were lucky they were there, it's not far from HQ so they go about that area alot, but the lady that helped me had taken down his licence on her mobile so she could report him lol! I couldn't believe that someone could be that impatient!! I couldn't imagine what state I would have been in if it had been children rather the dogs!!!
I think I'll be taking a different route from now on!!!
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 07:14 PM
I hate drivers like that.

There is a zebra crossing that I can use near ours (I don't tend to use it anymore though as its too dangerous) and the view of it to drivers is fine, no problem, but the amount of drivers that drive through it when I'm waiting to cross is unbelievable.

I hate drivers like that!