Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Miss Potter View Post
I am not saying he is the best or the speediest, but he LOVES it!!!

I`ve been involved with agility for many years and have seen more photos of agility dogs than many people have had hot dinners, [ so to speak ], and I have to say, the pic of your little Pug is way up there as one which has made me beam, that`s what agility is all about for me, a happy dog having fun getting to do something he can really enjoy, and especially of a breed so many would`nt consider could enjoy agility as an activity - lovely to see

I hope we`ll get to see the pic again as an entry in the Best Sporting Action class when it runs again for the 2008 virtual show
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 08:14 AM
here's a couple of my russell.

She is an older rescue - and agility she absolutely adores. It worked wonders with her, gave her something she loved to do, grew her confidence and made her happy.

Couldn't recommend agility more..

Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-01-2008, 03:20 PM
I've just started (only one class) and there were two golden retrievers, a sproker (springer/cocker x) flat coat retriever, spanish mastiff, italian spinone, a westie/collie x (more like the westie) Leanne W's GWP/SRHP and me and Teg (BC).

Some were more interested than others, the Spinone didn't want to do anything and the mastiff got bored quickly.

I was labled with "well he's a Border so he's bred for this kind of thing" from one of the other handlers.
Which kind of annoyed me as fair enough Borders are generally a working breed but Teg is from pet lines and as he's nervy I have to put so much effort in to make him how he is, just because he's a BC doesn't mean I don't have to train him!!! Ok I can breath now
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Bless Teg, I was watching him on the dog walk and it's plain to see he wasnt comfortable with it! I think it's fair to say that Jed isnt a natural when it comes to agility as he's a bit of a lump!

I think that once Teg gets comfortable with the equipment then he'll be fantastic as he does have a lot of drive.
Bonwillan
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-01-2008, 10:53 PM
We have Beagles people are always saying they enjoy watching them run and are amazed that such a naughty breed can do agility to a reasonable standard.
katia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-01-2008, 10:56 PM
With nice motivational training they are superb, a senior agility person has taken 2 Beagles to the top, (I'm not saying it was easy!)
Katia
molly1
New Member!
Female 

20-02-2008, 12:28 PM
The problem with my Rhodesian Ridgeback is she looks at the jumps and says with her eyes what do you expect me to do she is fine on the contact points.
molly1
New Member!
Female 

20-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Do you think a Irish Water Spaniel would be any good at Agility?

Do you think perhaps you need to start a Rhodesian Ridgeback early?
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by molly1 View Post
The problem with my Rhodesian Ridgeback is she looks at the jumps and says with her eyes what do you expect me to do she is fine on the contact points.
I have only seen one Ridgeback doing agility and she loved it, although her handler could never get her to go on. She had to keep next to her handler all the time. I don't know whether this is typical, and whether yours is not going on over a jump, but you could start by going over it together, then you going next to jump as she goes over it, if this is the case.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 03:17 PM
I used to go to an agility class with an irish water spaniel. He was very exciteable but VERY good!

I used to take a springer and the other dogs in the class were: gsp, gsd, beardie x, lurchers, cocker, poodle. It was more a fun class and no one was bothered about competing.

Helen
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >