Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 02:21 PM

Pictures of Huskies and Collie Working

Hi Guys,

A few pics of Huskies and Collies working. The small brown X-breed I no longer have due to a terminal illness.

B4 Training

Hitch Up (Wheel Dogs)

Hitch Up (2 Lead Dogs)

Finish Of Training Run (3 Miles)

Cooling Off

Ready To Go Home

Rose.
crywolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-02-2006, 02:25 PM
wow you have beautiful dogs and they look as if theve really enjoyed themselfes
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Great pictures Rose, thanks for posting ...so just how do you get them to go the way you want them to go...lol

I'm teaching mine let and right when they are attached to my bike...

When they are 'working' or training are they just disciplined enough to not go chasing after deer or anything they may see??
micki
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Fantasti pic's.. i guess Husky's are used in cold climates coz of the conditions but over ere do they hold any advantage over other dogs used?
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 02:34 PM
great pics
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 02:39 PM
They look like they are having a great time
sibe3
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Lovely pics i think my huskys could do that the way KT was running in the wood today
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 05:36 PM
hi myschievous to train my dogs to go left ,i would say HAW to turn rightl i would say GEE.I did these directions like say if u r coming along a trail & the only turn off was right i would shout GEE same for left turn but HAW .This is better learned i have found if the trail u r on turns round a bend ,as the dogs come to the bend shout either GEE or HAW & they have to go that way because thats the way the trail goes! ! I was also lucky as CHENKA,the little brown x breed i had ,picked the gees & haws up quickly she would turn as soon as i said the word.She has been my best teacher & running dog,she was so obedient at this running in harness lark.To try & stop the dogs chasing after something ahead on the trail was hard as soon as they saw something they would chase it!!.The only way i found was to shout LEAVE IT & hang on or put the brakes on until they were settled again & hopefully given up. They would sometimes chase things but i would just try to go past where the creature had gone the dogs would give up if they couldnt get near it. It is natural to huskies to run straight i have found ,they just seem to love running & most love to pull & run ,except for MISHKA who will only run alongside my bike. rose xx
welshgirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-02-2006, 07:15 PM
beautiful dogs
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 07:31 PM
And Malamutes as well (Pretty sure that Mo has plenty of Mally working pics)

[img-big]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Melodysk/Malamutes/FirstRun5a.jpg[/img-big]

[img-big]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Melodysk/Malamutes/FirstRun7.jpg[/img-big]

[img-big]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Melodysk/Malamutes/WorkingdogSmaller.jpg[/img-big]
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »