Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2015, 06:21 AM

Young cock robin!

Where I trade, there are always birds who come to me as soon as I arrive. It is a pretty corner my site. Last year I fed a young robin; they have no red breast at first but a pretty speckled camouflage feathering. He was young and over the weeks I saw his red breast develop, feather by feather. I am not there after October but when I came back in March so did he. Along with a flock of sparrows and a wagtail or three.. They flock in as soon as I leave the car and they get the crusts of my sandwiches and sometimes even cake. The tourists are charmed! Yesterday there came a small young robin, speckled and patterned! Son of robin! Totally unafraid and cheeky! He would have eaten from my hand but I do not do that to wild critters. Feisty too; any sparrows who tried to feed got thoroughly chastened and bullied off...charmed and intrigued so many of the visitors..Such small delights! I cannot really feed the birds up here with the cats.... But that wee robin made me smile so much and charmed so many...