Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
Brilliant! Very brave lady!

Isn't hunting illegal?
Brave? Bloody stupid more like!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2012, 05:51 PM
I can understand having to keep the fox population under control but why not humanely despatch them ?

For me personally I cannot see what enjoyment human beings get out of watching a pack of dogs rip apart a defenseless animal. Made me feel sick to think what horrors that poor fox could of gone through and what they do go through being hunted down this way.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Brave lady , well done
I hope in the same situation I would be brave enough to do the same .
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Personally she may be brave but she was bloody stupid.

As for hunting being illegal. Yes it is illegal to hunt fixed with hounds. However from that video they weren't fox hunting but drag hunting. It seems the hounds have flushed that fox out by accident. I know this because those hounds weren't even speaking on a scent which means they had no idea it was there until it ran in front of them.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

25-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
It seems the hounds have flushed that fox out by accident. I know this because those hounds weren't even speaking on a scent which means they had no idea it was there until it ran in front of them.
I don't agree with that at all.

The fox looked exhausted, it didn't even try to fight back or run away - hence I highly doubt that they just 'happened to come across it'.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-11-2012, 08:01 PM
This isnt a hunt.They were exercising the hounds-not enough hounds to be effective and the fox just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The hounds also had little desire to kill the fox that much is obvious which further confirms it.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I don't agree with that at all.

The fox looked exhausted, it didn't even try to fight back or run away - hence I highly doubt that they just 'happened to come across it'.
I can tell you now that they can across it. I work with hounds every week so know how they hunt. When a pack of hounds get on a scent, they "speak" or "bay" the whole time they are on the scent until they lose it or get what they're looking for. Not one hound in that video is speaking. Likelihood is that fox came out from wherever it was hiding at the wrong time.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
This isnt a hunt.They were exercising the hounds-not enough hounds to be effective and the fox just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The hounds also had little desire to kill the fox that much is obvious which further confirms it.
Totally agree with this.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-11-2012, 08:57 PM
I don't think it matters whether the fox was saved during a hunt or when the hounds were out being exercised.

The main point of the video is the fox was saved by a person who put an animal before their own safety.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

25-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Odd that, that people get 'dressed up', use horns etc just to exercise their dogs. Not to mention being followed and filmed by animal rights groups

Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
I can tell you now that they can across it. I work with hounds every week so know how they hunt. When a pack of hounds get on a scent, they "speak" or "bay" the whole time they are on the scent until they lose it or get what they're looking for. Not one hound in that video is speaking. Likelihood is that fox came out from wherever it was hiding at the wrong time.
The footage says otherwise Chloe - the fox was clearly exhausted. That suggests he didn't just 'pop out of nowhere'.

It is besides the point anyway, even if it was an 'accident', their actions led to it occurring, and demonstrate it is likely to occur again and again in those circumstances. Hounds will do what's in their instinct - and these people put them in that position knowing full well what may happen.
Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »