View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Here's some of around me I have to confess that it's only a little pocket of countryside - travel a mile and a half and you're in a much more built up area, but it's a lovely little pocket!
Behind the house

To the side

In front

And the surrounding area

Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2011, 10:27 AM
It looks really nice krlyr. Which part of Surrey are you in? I spent every weekend out in Surrey (mainly West Byfleet area) when I worked and lived in London - as my then OH had family out there. We very nearly bought a flat in Esher but the tug of home (up North) became too strong
samson13
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
That looks a lovely walk (and nice English countryside) Samson. I have only visited Kent briefly while I was working in London, but would have loved to have a chance to explore further.
I'm lucky living on the edge of the town but with miles of open countryside between ourselves and the coast ( An hour away )
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Not too far from Windsor Great Park (which is another lovely green place to take the dogs - if only it wasn't a reactive dog's nightmare ). Even people who've lived in town have come out to ours and been amazed as they never realised there was all this farmland hidden away on the edge of town. Going to seem weird when we eventually buy our own place as this is the house I grew up in (now living there with my brother and my boyfriend/his girlfriend), I've been too spoilt having it all on my doorstep!
Ellard
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Are the posters on this thread REALLY complaining about countryside sounds, sights and smells?
Nope not at all Wouldn't have it any other way. Couldn't live in a town or city too busy and love when the fields are cut as then I have fields for tracking
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Well there were plenty of type of smileys after descriptions of smells, sounds etc

Oh and I love the smell of livestock ... sheep, horses and cows - not so keen on pigs or hens though lol
I honestly did not notice the smilies - although I would definitely use a "gerroff" one for the mozzies at my first home on the Moshav. And probably a "peg on nose" one for the crop-dusters as that stuff got everywhere and really did have an unpleasant whiff.

Pigs? I do not think I have ever been near any although there used to be a pig farm fairly near to where I lived in England, but it was at the end of a long semi-private lane. I think we used to go for walks round there when we were very young but that was a very very long time ago!

Hens? There is an egg farm [not battery but not free range as that is impossible here, so just huge barn and massive enclosed outdoor area] just up the road from my home. I only ever get a whiff of them when I go to get eggs but I do hear them. Probably hear the crickets more than the hens though!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm complaining about the lack of animals! although it is easier with me having Louie without the animals...
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2011, 03:44 PM
You know you are in the country, when the local Co Op knows your sons name, and you dont need to go to the Garden Centre for Horse Manure, cos theres a nice fresh one plopped on your car bonnet!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2011, 03:58 PM
The countryside around North Lancashire/South Cumbria where I have spent the majority of my life so far

Fabby countryside ... just not as rural/remote as I am now.

River Lune

Lune Valley - Flame and her springer friend Sally

Arnside

Halton, the village where I lived before moving up to Scotland

Hornby Castle

Lune Valley again with Ingleborough in the distance

Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 12:39 PM
You know you live in the country when ....

you get grouse sitting on your garden fence
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >